which 18650 protected battery?

Can you please give me the link to online shop.
Thank you.

Where can I find them, can you please send me a link?

Thank you

Sorry :~ , who is Richard?

I’m afraid to use unprotected cells. If I buy unprotected cell, what do I have to watch for?

I have this baby :slight_smile:

Xtar VP2 2
http://www.gearbest.com/chargers-batteries/pp_94496.html

Do I need protected cells?

Please excuse me for so many replies.

Thank you.

Things are changing with flashaholics :)

At the days I was starting people were considering protected cell as a holy grail, and must for safe use.

No one recommended me unprotected cell saying: "Stay away from unprotected cells", "you will overcharge", "you will over-discharge", "keep your eyes and ears wide open if you use unprotected one", "you will be worried all the time and you'll not have piece of mind.

I recommend LG18650D1 protected. It will be suffiecient for all factory lights and moderate modded ones.You can't go wrong with protected cell(or you can cause it may not fit to each light or charger). If protection dies you can always unwrap it and have unprotected one.

http://www.fasttech.com/p/1674900 %5 less using BLF

Gregor - If you have good charger with "overcharge protection" (you do) and good light with "low voltage protection" (A6 does) - then you can use anything.

Look at Dale's chart in the OP of the A6. Even the cheap Sanyo laptop salvage and Samsung 26F (both not the high drain) do very well :)

Protected on unprotected - this is now the question. :smiley:
Now I really do not know what to choose.

Can you tell me your top choice for both variants.

Thank you

Is this the chart you are talking about:

For max lumens, which cell will you choose?

What means: “No spring bypasses”

Thank you

Gregor, whathever you choose out of good brand cells you won't see big (if any) difference with naked eyes since human eyes are adaptive. If it would pull more current it would heat up more, have bigger voltage drop and give less light in a short time. So it's not worth to hunt for highest lumens output just by choosing batteries and you even can't notice the difference.

Hvala neighbour.

What will you choose?

Thanks

Js mam 20 novih Xtar 18650 2600mah z zascito, 5€/kom

Hello koyotee :wink:
I’m looking for higher capacity… cell.

Kind regards

Mam tut 4 nove panasonic ncr18650b z zascito.

I've got me a pair of this ones: http://www.banggood.com/1PCS-NR18650-30Q-3000mah-20A-Power-Li-ion-Battery-for-Samsung-p-981565.html Mainly because they are high drain and have a high capacity. I do want the max output, otherwise I would have bought another Nitecore P12 or something.

I think I will buy these samsungs, it’s time to try some unprotected cells
I just hope that my A6 or Xtar VP2 2 won’t explode or catch fire…. :slight_smile:

Do I have to do something to avoid these scenarios = how to handle unprot. cells)

Thank you

I’m somewhat new to this, but I run unprotected cells with a good (Xtar VC2) charger. The worst that can happen to me is I may ruin a cell by over-discharge which I can replace economically- nothing expensive can get hurt.

Same money for unprotected cell will get you a better cell since you aren’t paying for protection. This difference is more notable with high-draw cells that need high-current protection circuits. If money didn’t matter I’d use protected if they would fit the intended light for the extra “peace of mind” they offer.

Phil

I have a BLF A6 in transit at the moment. I own a Nitecore UM10 USB charger. Can u guys nominate a quality battery rechargeable for the BLF A6.

Use will be bulk lumens for short period/s.

Fast drain is not a problem.
Please recommend based on quality not price.
I prefer to buy from Banggood.

Also I have another flashlight for pocket EDC so conserving the battery power doesn’t come into it.

The Samsung unprotected 30Q or the LG HG2 would be good choices assuming you buy them from a reputable vendor. You have to be careful where you buy cells at example: LG HG2 counterfeit warning

Note: I recommend unprotected cells because the BLF A6 has under-voltage protection which will allow you to use unprotected cells with minimal worry (all Li-Ion cells have some risk period). If a light does not have under-voltage or over discharge protection I like to run protected cells for the peace of mind.

Quick question, I am also looking for max lumens for my BLF A6. Just how much improvement would a spring bypass cause, and how hard are they to install.