Which 4000 lumen 4x18650 soda can size light do you recommend?

I read this forum (and other flashlight forums) for a long time, I read many reviews, but haven’t registered until now. I’d like to be aware of all the flashlight choices, before purchase.

I’d like to buy a flashlight that fits to these requirements (tell me all existing lights that you know and fits my requirements):

• real 4000 lumen OTF output
  • the beam pattern is a mix of flood and throw
  • uses four 18650 batteries
  • soda/soup can size design
  • the preferred price is lower or around $100-$120, but if there is no other choice, I would save more money for max $140 price range.

What flashlights would you recommend?

Thanks.

Noctigon M43 Meteor

Slightly more expensive, but the quality is really high and it easily outperforms all other sodacan-sized lights.

:wink:

I agree on the Meteor: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=505

Edit:
Or you buy a second hand modded King here in the forum

How long can the M43 operate before it’s too hot to hold?

A Supfire M6 modded by Richard is a good choice.

You can customize to your liking as well.

Thanks the answers. I too was thinking about modded Supfire M6.

Can anyone tell me more flashlight options/choices that fit to my requirements?

I thought the M6 as well, but being a three-emitter light, you’ll be a bit short of your desired 4k lumens. Too much variation in the King-style lights now, so I wouldn’t recommend any of those.

Maybe the Solarstorm T4? I don’t have one so this isn’t a recommendation… 4-emitter but only three cells though, and would need some modding to get to your desired output. Probably a set of XM-L2 emitters and a Fet driver from Richard, if it fits…

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10008575/1769100-solarstorm-t4-4-cree-xm-l-u2-4-mode-3200lm-cool

Freeme’s review makes it look nice:

I forgot to mention that I accept a few hundred lumens lower output lights too.

The modded Supfire M6 from mountainelectronics has a description that says it can produce 4000 lumen. However unfortunately nobody have ever reviewed that Supfire M6 with mod option 2. For example it has 7 brightness modes, but the lumen output, the spacing of these modes is unknown.

Get the modded M6. Seriously. I’ve owned a level 2 M6, and have plenty of time in using my Meteors.

The Meteor is a cool light, I’d never sell mine (I have a dedomed XP-G2, a Nichia, and a third to modify) but it gets too hot too quickly on turbo. Yes it has more lumens than the M6, but in reality a level 2 M6 from Richard hits every checkbox on your list, is cheaper than your target price, easier to operate, will make over 4000 lumens, good mix of flood and throw, runs cooler. You could just about buy 2 M6’s for the price of the Meteor.