Which brand do you think is most durable? Your life depends on it and so does your family.

Hey, some of my best times were with Sister Tiffani and Sister Bambi…

Aw de from mmalive’s and elbakan’s pissing contest of quote megaspam (yeah, real nice having to scroll through all that on mobile, boys), I now love this thread. Leave it to BLF to derail a paranoia rant into advertisement for Convoy and memeing around! :smiley:

That’s phenomenal, hilariously phenomenal. True but, seriously funny.

You know how we roll;

They go Low, we go Weird

Confuses the heck out of them sometimes.
And it’s fun.

Back to the new subject, I need to get an assortment of TIR’s to play around.

My Martial arts instructor always asks this question: What is the most important move in our system? The answer never changes. The first move is always the answer.

So, to answer the original question, if my life depends on it. The one in my hand.

I’ve spent hours learning how to use a PR24, its a nice tool if you have it in you hand, but… I never carried it because it was always in my way. I carried an expandable baton, that was not as durable, but much more carriable. 5 days ago I turned 61, I’m thinking about a cane.

I carry different lights for different reasons on different days. The most dependable light is the one I’m carrying at the time, regardless of brand.

Damn. Straight.

My Olight Batons have taken a lot of beating. No problems at all.

Mine on the other hand (Olight S15R) was very delicately EDC’d, but it eventually failed spectacularly and left me in the dark when I needed it. Simply wouldn’t turn on any more, tried different Li-Ion and alkaline and NiMH cells. Then I then started EDC’ing an identical backup S15R, which failed in the exact same way after not very much time. Extremely unimpressed with Olight’s quality. They started promoting them here and selling them for a dime-a-dozen a while back, which was undoubtedly possible only by sacrificing quality.

I had a big problem with an S10R a few years back, and the way things developed left a bad taste in my mouth about Olight (but moreso Battery Junction). Then I got an S30 on clearance that doesn’t quite work right (more than medium mode is just medium with flickering) but I like it, and Olight was kind enough to send me a brand new S2 at no cost, that I have to this day and use all right.

I also had issues with an S1 that had insane parasitic drain (as in “kill a 16340 in two days of standby” insane), and no fuss no muss, they got me a new one at, again, no cost or even much question.

I’m guessing they had a poor few years, but bounced back.

A light in a life threatening situation.
I would be more concern making sure that my Glock 43 is fully loaded.
I don’t think a light will save my life. No Matter how strong a strobe can be.
You are supposed to eliminate the threat, not disorient it.
Problem with self defense is that you’re in total disadvantage.
You have to wait to be attacked, most of the time.

However, I carry some lights all the time for illumination purposes.
RovyVon Aurora, as a backup to the backup.
DQG Hobi to read.
Both in a chain hanging from my neck.
Surefire Titan in the keychain.
The pocket varies. Surefire Stiletto, RovyVon Angel Eyes, Surefire backup 30th Anniversary, or DQG
Tiny 18650. According to mood or occasion.
The car, Rofis MR70 in the glove compartment and Imalent DN70 in the console.
The house if full of Maglites ML25LT, one in every room.
The only flashlight my wife understands.
The back porch, to illuminate the backyard, Imalent DT70.
And last, but not least, the night table.
I just switched from the Astrolux S42 to the Astrolux S43 with Nichias.
The rest are lazyass shelf queens.

Cheers.

If my life or my families life depended on my choice of flashlight, we would pretty much be dead.

Mine too, all the Olights I ever owned, albeit only about 7 or 8, have never failed me yet. Only the one I did a destruction test on, it had water encroachment through the o rings.

For the last three months, I have come to realize how important a striking flashlight has become to my self defense.

Every morning, I jog various short distances to the local Starbucks then spend 20 minutes in the gym practicing striking techniques with my favorite weaponized flashlight. I think that now I have reached a point that I am capable of bringing down a man twice my size in a matter of seconds.

If anything, the concern now is that I can restrain my abilities from causing seriously deep wounds or skull crushing head trauma.

My life is now safely in the weaponization of the deadly Olight I1R.

Truly a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

PlayDoh, please tell me you didn’t take this at face value o_O

I am prepared to kill. AND the bonus is that I can illuminate my handiwork.

Please……do not interfere with my catch.

The technician can’t come out until next week to fix my sarcasm detector.

Oof.

Double oof.