Which is better? Shadow Mini T6 or N-light ST50

Thrunite has an E1L kind of head with their $sevens inspired bodies, meaning all knurling. I really like the ST50, thoughtful design look very nice, the machining is not deep and with these front camera flashes all depth perception is lost.

However if you want a clip or a soft press forward clicky maybe the ST50 is not for you. The Thrunite seems to have some real knurling, not just square decorations, which I believe will have a very good grip, so that is definitely something to appreciate. But on the tailcap the knurling seems to differ.

I have both lights, and prefer the Thrunite TN12, for two reasons:

- my N-Light ST50 flickers for half a second at the start when using momentary on (a problem it shares with my Fenix LD25, so it also happens with "brand" flashlights)

- the head rotation (used for changing between turbo and "normal" modes) is rough, and it feels like I have to over-tighten

Both make using the ST50 a bit unpleasant. The Thrunite TN12 NW on the other hand is a little bit smaller and brighter, has a clip, and momentary-on works perfectly.

Also it has a nice (and - for this light - needed) feature: heat protection/throttling when >80°C.

The only disadvantage I see is that it gets hot on high, and maybe the more floody beam for some people (i like it for EDC).

Thanks for your valuable comments and comparison. I thought TN12 would offer a bit narrower throw for its small head. I guess I need an XPG for a light that size to be throwy. Fenix PD31 or PD32 seem to fit this or if I can do without a clicky EagleTacs D25LC2. Fenix'es are expensive though.

If you want to get one of the Fenixes, the main difference is momentary-on for the PD32.

Also, this thread has more suggestions for small 18650 lights:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7261

I also have the ST50, but I have not such issues. And I also have the ST60, which has the same switch and the same head rotation system, both work perfectly smooth and there's no flicker.

Have you tried cleaning.greasing the threads and all contact point. And also check the switch, if it was a faulty one you can request a new one.

Actually my 4Sevens light flicker very much and often when turning on, and I have to clean all contact points not to flicker.

Usually brief/careless cleaning of all the contact doesn't solve these issues, but a thorough cleaning.

I only cleaned it briefly, so I'll try a more elaborate cleaning...

Did I understand correctly, that the N-Light ST50 throws better than the other suggested lights here?

I would say on par with the Thrunite TN12 based on reflector size, but I don't own one. ST50 is an ok thrower but the small reflector is a limiter. If you are looking for a thrower, this is probably not the size light you want.

Well, I’m mainly looking for a “straight body” flashlight with no big head, so I guess my options are limited. I’ve read a lot of posts and reviews and it seems that the ST50 is the best 18650 thrower with a “straight” body. There aren’t so much “straight body” flashlights anyway, and I don’t count the super-budget-oriented UltraFire and XXXFire and the others below $20. I also don’t want expensive ones, because in my opinion they don’t justify their $70-100 price tag.

You could get the N-light copy for $13.50.

And it comes pre-baked! Sealed