Which Meter. Extech EX330 or Amprobe AM240 ?

Nice meter mate, you do get what you pay for with meters generally. I find on site any other make gets people asking questions but with a fluke it’s just accepted as good. Enjoy :slight_smile:

That depends on what you want, you can get more accuracy and more functions in cheaper meters, with Fluke you get reliability and safety.

The safety part is not very important when measuring LiIon batteries, but it is nice to know you can trust the meter reading, there is no wrong reading just because the battery is running low.

I seem to get raised eyebrows because I use a megger avo, but its calibrated, accurate and does the job. I was recommended another meter, a cheap one, it was laughable because I owned an identical meter that was reading .3v high compared to the megger.

Trusting your equipment is half the battle. For what its worth, my megger gives slightly more accurate current readings in our ranges on a tailcap than a clamp meter and 2.5 - 4.0mm sq cable…… That’s on stock leads, not cheap, but since I can verify the readings, why mess about?

Trouble is , my very cheap meter reads exactly 5.00V when measuring my 5.0002V reference device … Can’t get any better than that on a 2000 count meter … The Fluke 175 is a 6000 count meter so I get an extra digit … I’m hoping (and praying) that the Fluke is at least as accurate as the cheapie … I will be gutted if the cheapie is more accurate.

The Fluke will be posted tomorrow (Friday) so I should have it by Monday hopefully … I just hope that I haven’t wasted £85 plus £4-50 postage … It would be terrible if a £5 meter was better than the expensive one.

Till it arrives , my finger-nails will be well bitten down … Maybe after the meter arrives , they will get even more chewed down.

I guess that calibration (adjusting) would cost an arm and a leg to have done.

Oh , the worry of it all … Still , at least it makes me forget about all the other worries !

Well , the Fluke arrived this morning.

It is brand new … I let it come up to room temperature then checked it against my reference (5.0002V at 72F) … The Fluke reads 5.000V with very occasional flicks to 4.999V … This is much better than I hoped for and I am delighted with it … I must admit that I was worried that being one of the cheaper Flukes (175) , it might not be as accurate as I hoped … But it is as perfect as possible with a 6000 count meter.

I gotta get a case now (off Ebay) … Trouble is that if I buy in the UK , the case is about a third of the cost of my meter … I will probably get one from America as it is much cheaper.

I’m happy now.