Which NiMH AA light to chuck in my glovebox?

I would suggest the Fenix E21 it is a really simple bombproof 2 level light with a simple interface for when the missus drives the motor, stick in acouple of LSD and you are golden. Fenix E25 would be a good choice to. I have the Starry light and it is ok but not suitable for hands free use

In my glove box i have an E21 from Fenix and Nitecore Headband Head Strap HB02, spare batteries are 2 x 4 packs to energizer AA primary lithium as backups. I always EDC the Fenix E11, I have used it with the head strap to change a flat tyre at night worked perfectly. Fenix E11 has been discontinued and replaced with the E12 which to be totally honest i hate but that is just me and my interface preference.

Nitecore Headband Head Strap HB02 $9.40 Aus
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitecore-Headband-Head-Strap-HB02-for-LED-Flashlight-/141146144025?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item20dcf73d19

The beauty of the headband is that it truly is an indestructible item that can be thrown into the tool box and forgotten.

My Nightcore is versatile enough to hold my edc lights the Fenix PD35 and the Fenix LD01.

I also store the batteries for my car lights outside of the lights, since they probably won’t be used, it is easier to grab them once a year to recharge.

I switched to cheap 18650 lights that will run on 2 x 123 lithium primaries as basically throwaway lights if they get lost or “borrowed”/stolen. $5-10 BLF sale lights and about $3 in cells (shopping carefully) per car. It’s been quite a while and the 1st set of primaries are nowhere close to empty in any of the cars.

These car lights are decent, bright backups. I keep 2+ lights on my person all the time anyway, and spare cells handy in my daybag. Since I’ve got tons of laptop pulls I leave the primaries in for the rest of the family and carry a couple charged spares in my day bag for whenever we’d need more run time unexpectedly. Keeps those cells out of the heat and regularly checked. Plus I’m set up to charge Li-ions in the car, or otherwise traveling (always attended).

Now that many of the big box stores carry 123s at somewhat reasonable prices, replacements aren’t too much of a pain and they’re about as cheap as AA lithium primaries. I’m also hopeful that when there’s a run on the popularly sized cells, the lithiums will still be found in the garden or special size sections - but at that point, I’m probably rotating through my 18650s anyway.

I keep a 14500 zoomy in the glove compartment and an old 2 AA or 2 D in the trunk. Magnets wouldn’t help me much, because my car is aluminum as cars should be.

you drive a tesla?

Oh, no. A 2001 Honda Insight. Not the only aluminum car I have had.