Which should I get? Skilhunt H300 vs Zebralight H600c vs H600Fc

I have a Zebralight H604c, pure flood headlamp that works really well for what I generally need a headlamp for (working on stiff in my apartment, working on cars, etc things where I just want to see up close)

I hope it’s not taboo to talk about but I shoot pistol competitions and a local range is doing a series of night competitions this winter and they’re letting us use headlamps or weapon mounted lights. I’d prefer a headlamp for several reasons (there’s very few pistol lights companeis make holsters for and those lights are all stupid expensive, $200+ seemingly)

The big thing is I want a good amount of light for a long time, 500-800 lumens for like 2-3 hours. I can and will carry a spare battery but it’d be nice to not need to swap it. This kind of narrowed it down to the Skilhunt H300 because it is generally very favorably reviewed and has good build quality plus I can get it with the 144AR emitter in 4500K which is nice.

But the Skilhunt is $70-80 which and the Zebralight is $90. The appeal of the Skilhunts inintially was they were cheaper but a part of me thinks if I’m already spending that much money might as well spend more to get the Zebra.

So two questions:
First is there any reason I should choose the Skilhunt over Zebra?
Second assuming Zebra is the way to go does anyone have beam shots of the H600c vs H600Fc. I’m curious how much spill there is with the H600c and how floody the H600Fc is.

Does Zebralight ever do black friday deals?

I’m not into guns, but I think I can offer you a piece of advice: a good quality flashlight is a purchase that will last you many years. With that in mind, I wouldn’t bother about $10-20 more or less in a $70-90 purchase; just get the one you think will serve you better. It’s much easier to regret buying something not as good just because it was cheaper, than regret buying the best and spending $10-20 more for it.

Just my $0.02…

1 Thank

Check out Thrunite solutions. Thy have cheap bundles inc. gun mounting.

None of the holster companies make holsters that would work with a Thurnite pistol light.

Even if I wanted to go down the route of getting a Streamlight or a Surefire and a new holster to go along with it I need a headlamp to navigate around the range in the dark.

So which headlamp should I get?

H600c vs H600Fc?

Or is there a particular reason I should get the H300 over the Zebralight?

I have the H600 and the flood version. The flood I use for close-up light. I sometimes wear the H600 when day turns to night while I’m mowing the pasture. It has a pleasing quality of light and a very nice quantity of light. It really lights up the field in front of me. In my opinion, it would be an excellent light to shoot with. I rarely use the highest of high modes and most often use the lower of the two high modes. At that level, the battery lasts for about 3 acres of mow. I always carry a spare flat top Sanyo GA.

Stay safe and stay on target.

1 Thank

3 acres of mow or battery is impressive.

For more lumens and throw H600d

I’d get the Skilhunt H300 144AR 4500K. Runtimes look good. It looks easier to modify.

I like that emitter in the ArmyTek Wizard C2 Pro Nichia.

I have a H600Fc. It’s one of my favourite headlamps. It’s a bit lighter and more compact. The beam is very floody but the tint isn’t great. It’s ok. The silicone mount makes it difficult to get the headlamp in and out.

1 Thank

Not planning to mod it. To be clear I don’t have any tools to mod lights so it’s as it is.

I don’t like the silicone mount for the Zebralight either. Wish they made a better version. The mount for the Skilhunt is definintely more appealing.

However if I’m honest with myself I"m not likely to remove it from the mount often.

Pff… plastic Skilhunts holder … no, no, no. Its a step backwards

1 Thank

The UI is a bit more customisable on the ZebraLight. If you’re only going to use one mode, then you can configure a single click to go to that mode.

If you want to go to High (H1) on the Skilhunt H300 then you will need to perform a single click and hope that it memorised H1 and not M2 or M1.

That said, I personally prefer the current Skilhunt UI over the ZL UI. I sometimes get caught in strobe mode with a ZebraLight and it occasionally locks up and gets stuck “on”.

not a c but a w:

hopefully you see enough to decide which type of beam you prefer

an advantage of the Zebra is that it is potted…
an advantage of the Skilhunt is the built in charging.

1 Thank

Yeah that helps a lot. Narrows it down to the H600c or H300 though at the moment I’m leaning towards the H600c though.

What’s wrong with the Skilhunt clip? Is there a better alternative I can use? I’m not in love with any of the silicon ones and willing to try something else if I can buy it somewhere.

The pocket clip and mount on the headband are fine.

I have the Skilhunt HB3 headband. It came with my H04 RC Mini. It’s one of the best headbands and mounts. There’s a cut-out in the mount that allows you to leave the pocket clip attached to the headlamp.

Skilhunt headlamps are a tight fit in the mount. It would be nice if it had a strap so that thinner headlamps could be used in the mount. O-rings could be added. An example of this is the ArmyTek headband mount.

A Skilhunt headlamp used to cost 1/3 of a Zebralight not so long ago.

2 Thanks

I remember the Skilhunt H03 cost something like $35 if my memory is right.

Skilhunt H300 Nichia 144AR 4500K without a battery is about $67 from a store on AE.
The official website says $108 but when I add a H300 144AR to the cart and go to checkout it drops to $64.

H600Fc is still $89.

That’s about 3/4 the cost.

Skilhunt H03 has a CREE XM-L2 U4 emitter and the headband has a rubber mount.