Which Sipik SK-68?

Upon closer inspection, I realize that this is a deal for a 3 mode sipik clone. :)

Aand I pull the paypal trigger.

Thanks!

Viktor

Well, as long as its lower than HI, its LO for me :D
I want to see how good the MID mode is.

Not sure if Im willing to pay for one, but is there a way to change the driver to one that has LO mode? Are there any drivers this size and shape available for this particular Sipik clone?

Given how cheap this is and how good it already is people probably dont bother with such questions.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5979

Don't know if the driver is back in stock yet.

Thanks, looks like its in stock, but Im not spending another $ for this flashlight, I have 4 perfect pocket rockets with single mode and one 3 mode on the way, now that LO mode looks tempting and I will bookmark that link, but boy, this is getting crazy with buying cheap flashlight for $6 and then spending twice for driver+shipping, I rather get something better price-wise :D

Has anyone seen a Sipik with two modes, just high and low?

That'd seem ideal.

I got the Sipik clone from Tmart... and it is only a 1-mode flashlight.

Ouch!
Im getting the same one, if its 1 mode, Im going to dispute it with PayPal and get my money back, I already have 4 single mode clones, I dont need another one :D!

The trouble one can get into using search engines ....

Here's _three_ apparently different Sipik 68 models --- same seller at three prices, different descriptions:

Q3 or Q5; different brightness lumens; 'Sipik' or 'Other' -- they seem to have several different versions, or are confused.

http://www.airaccent.com/advanced_search_result.html?y=0&x=0&search_in_description=1&keyword=sipik+68

The lowest priced one -- -- is claimed to be two modes (high and low) -- and I emailed them and got this reply:

> Hi, Hank.

>Yes, dear, we do confirm that this light has 2 brightness modes, high and low brightness.

>thanks.

So that's the first one. What the heck, with such a sweet answer, how many ways could this go wrong?
I ordered one of these:
SKU: AAS-M19-7670 $8.46
Brand: Others
Emitter: Cree Q3
Total Emitters: 1
Powered By: AA/14500
Total Batteries: 1
OutPut (W): 3
Modes: 2 (High > Low)
Color: Black
Material: Aluminum alloy
Input Volt(V): 2.8-4.2
Dimension (CM): 9 x 2.5 x 2.5
Weight(Kg): 0.0639
The other two they also show are:

SKU: LAS-LF5-9971 $9.20
Brand Sipik
Model SK68
Type LED Flashlight
Material Aluminum Alloy
Bulb Number 1
Emitter Type CREE
Emitter BIN Q5
Color BIN White
Luminous Flux 200LM
Waterproof IPX-8
Adjustable Zoom Support Yes
Switch Location Tail-cap
Service Life 100,000hrs
Battery Configuration * AA Battery (not included)
Clip Included Yes
SKU: AAS-M22-6350 $13.17
Brand: Others
Emitter: Cree Q3
Total Emitters: 1
Powered By: AA/14500
Total Batteries: 1
OutPut (W): 3
Modes: Single
Color: Black
Material: Aluminum alloy
Brightness (Lumen): 120
Dimension (CM): 2.5 x 2.5 x 9.2
Weight(Kg): 0.0723

hank: " What the heck, with such a sweet answer, how many ways could this go wrong?"

Good luck! :\

Really sounds like a lottery on these. I'm looking forward to hearing whether the Air Accent version is really 2 modes and whether it has decent build quality. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for 2 modes. Otherwise looks like Tom Top might be the best source? I'm leery of Tmart; I've never gotten anything good from them. Cheap, but not good.

UltraFire AA Mini Thrower off ebay for $6.99 shipped. Ordered 2/11, delivered 2/23. Very nice light for $7. It is a one-mode however.

don't even ask how many ways something that should be simple enough can go wrong. there are probably more ways than we've imagined yet. Smile

yeah, almost always it is somewhat of a lottery. that's part of the fun though, right? i keep trying to convince myself of that. i can say for sure though, i just got a tomtop version from blf member soytnly (who, by the way is an over-the-top great guy to deal with, and HIGHLY recommended) and it is an astoundingly good flashlight. not even astoundingly good for the money, just astoundingly good. i would be very happy with it even at twice the price they are selling for, which is about $7, shipped, (usd) last time i checked. to your point though, i fully realize that i could order another, (uh, i did) and the lottery is in effect again.

I've got to wonder what this little Sipik thing was, originally -- the weird flat base with the holes drilled in it, the odd proportions, the sliding piece, the cooling fins.

I keep thinking it was something like the housing for a shock absorber or some odd piece of other hardware.

Someone -- oops -- had an extra half billion of them made by mistake somewhere in China.

And they've been in warehouses somewhere. And one day someone said, "if you can put a switch and LED into that tube thing, I know how you can get rid of them"

(grin).

And a hello to everyone in China, we like what you do and we wish we could talk to you directly and learn more about how this stuff gets made.

Pointer / crossreference, someone else asked about Airaccent (or spammed it, not sure which) and I xref'd this one at

Is the one you got from soytnly one that he worked on first, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5979#new , or straight out the bubble-wrap? And is it your first Sipik clone, or do you have another to compare it with?

Reason I ask is that I ordered one from Tom-Top ages ago that never arrived (they refunded me without fuss, fair play) and I've been thinking about ordering another. As you rightly say, lotto time again, but it can work for us as well as against, i.e. this time I could get lucky. A lot of good reports about the Tom-Top version, and they were jolly decent about my refund, so I'd like to give them another chance.

"very well." .. would General Beckman comment now

i must be one of the very few on BFL who still hasnt fallen for this strange-looking design..

it's a legendary design nonetheless. copied by countless flashlight brands!!

It's a Nitecore Extreme, right? But that one didn't have the ability to focus.

or Romisen RC-A4 (1x CR123A):

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-193/Romisen-RC-dsh-A4-II-NW/Detail

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-166/Romisen-RC-dsh-A4-II-Cree/Detail

I got a Sipik clone from ebay seller campingsurvivals, and supposedly this is a Q5 model. Has a plastic lens, but works great. I'm amazed at how this thing can throw a beam.