Which store/website are you LEAST likely to buy from?

Almost, some people just don't do any research before buying.

Or who it is they are buying from it would seem. There are a whole bunch of folks around here ordering from someone who no-one has ever heard of before and who, from all I have found out, I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw a 747.

I think it’s more a matter of placing one order that went OK and then suddenly spending hundreds of dollars hoping that a shady site won’t turn shady on them :slight_smile: The attraction of certain sites (DD) has got to be their entertainment value:)

I like the items I buy because I do research before purchasing. And payment by Paypal is required. I do not like giving credit card info to anybody online. Even the trusted sellers. Just because they are honest sellers doesn't mean they have secure sites.

Well, I bought another KD C8 at the $16.99 sale price and also bought a solar powered turtle for $5.45. That may be a total waste of money but I'm OK with that :-)

I am getting the total run around from Jim @ Manafont. I ordered 2 Sky Ray G5 XP-E R5 and gave one to my friend and one for me. These were $33.85 for both. They didn't even last a month. My friend called me and said he was just sitting on his deck shining trees and it went out, he checked the battery and it was good and then not 2 days after that mine went out. He was using a grey either trustfire or ultrafire 18650 and I was using a Jetbeam 18650 2300mHA. I wasn't so pissed when his burn't up because I wasn't there, but when mine did that did it. So I have been going back and forth with first Ella then Jim. They want pictures of the package it came in and a video of the lights not working....Come on!! I told him to credit my account $25.00 which I thought was fair since I just paid $33.85 and send a pre-paid envelope like our lights come and I would mail them back to him. While this has been going back and forth emails daily for the past month I have spent over $500 there. Is this how I get treated for spending my money there?

Sorry this is so long, I just needed to vent, and I can't stand not being able to talk to someone on the phone. I had a slight bubble in the lens from a local distributor and they took care of it that second, I didn't have to send pictures and tons of emails. Thanks for reading and sorry it's so long. Rick

It's not really the run around, just the way they handle every problem. Play along and it will work out. They're just following their steps. You can get better service from local dealers, but you also pay a lot more.

Also look for the troubleshooting thread and see if it is something you can fix yourself. You shouldn't have to fix something yourself, but it can be less frustrating and more rewarding.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/250

Or 100% honest employees.

+1, and when I don't do proper research it usually ends up biting me in the ass.

rikr,

If that's truly what's happening then I'm totally behind you. You shouldn't be required to send emails daily for a month in order to get this handled. I suppose it's fine if they don't want to give you a credit or exchange your product, but then they should expect a backlash from dissatisfied customers. However, if they guarantee their products then they should have moved on to the next step by now. I think photo's of damage is fair (if it even proves anything), but videos? C'mon! And the fact they're SkyRay's gives you more credibility. That brand is junk as far as I'm concerned. You might get a good one once in a while, but it seems they're flaming out more and more. Assuming you're being honest and doing your part, I think you deserve better service than you're getting. Maybe customer service doesn't exist over in China and they're still trying to adapt to the Western culture :P

Thanks weiser701,

Here's another one. While this claim is going back and forth I am still ordering things, I feel I'm showing good faith in Manafont that they will do the right thing, my next order comes I got a TR-3T6 couldn't wait to open it up. When I did it had a Big chip in the Bezel...That's the last thing I wanted to see, so I knew what to do I got my camera out and took pictures of it next to the packing. After many emails back and forth about 2 weeks, they gave me 10% of my next order which was like $6.00 and change...was that fair??? A brand new nice light, I just didn't want to go through what I am going through now. I told them Give me a $25.00 credit after I paid $33.85 and I said I would send them back to them. I know if I treated customers like this, they wouldn't come back. I said to him I am still spending money there while your putting me off, who's showing good faith? I have spent $450.00 since this has started that was 7 orders and we all know how long that takes. If you think I'm in the wrong please tell me...Thank you. Rick

so far so good with these guys
DealExtreme
DinoDirect
Manafont
no experience yet with these - i do like CNQg for there stock
Tmart
CN Quality Goods
Focal Price
i am going to try DX again unless i find a good deal at DD , but MF is the primary site and SF sales deserves distinction.

You're a more patient and forgiving person than me, rikr. I would be done with them if those were my experiences. I haven't even done business with DD and I already made up my mind that I never will :D

On a side note, Ric from CNQG actually listened to my frustrations and kind of reconciled the issue by throwing in a diffuser and claw with my Balder SE-1 order. They're only worth a couple dollars, but I'm just happy he actually made an effort at all. After all, he was only late on shipping my order as opposed to there being a flaw with the product. Any personalization from these Chinese vendors is a bonus.

See that's what I'm talking about CNQG they went a little out of their way to perk up the deal. I'm not getting CRAP!!!!

I'm not asking for the perks but would be nice, I just want what's right, and I don't think $25 Manafont points is going to hurt them.

Well you guys hould know to well how I voted. It rhymes with rhino.

None of the choices rhyme with rhino.
Just giving you a hard time by the way :slight_smile:

I won't buy from Manafont because IF you get a DOA light, like I did they won't stand behind it and you'll loose all your $$$$.

rikr has been venting similar frustrations. I'm not too confident about Manafont anymore. Although, I've found myself visiting that site less and less by the day, and that started before these recent altercations.

I don't know if I said it wrong but they worked on arrival but not a total of 10 min they both were gone. Now Jim wants me to ship them to him, ya right. I've read that someone did that and then lost everything plus paying for shipping. I told him just give me a 25.00 credit and I will order something and you can send me a prepaid envelope like how they come to us and I will ship them back.

EDIT: Thank you, to all that has commented.

You need a "view results without voting" option.

There's a Results tab at the top of the window, you do not need to vote to see, it's just hidden so seeing the results won't skew your selection...

I really wonder who voted against Ric/cnqg, I've had nothing but perfect service from those kids, he's not only nice but goes out of his way to make things right. But - he does have a very attuned BS detector... if you did something stupid and are trying to push your mistake back on him, you'll likely get no reply at all. Just saying. :D

Welcome to BLF, InTheDark.