Which store/website are you LEAST likely to buy from?

There's a Results tab at the top of the window, you do not need to vote to see, it's just hidden so seeing the results won't skew your selection...

I really wonder who voted against Ric/cnqg, I've had nothing but perfect service from those kids, he's not only nice but goes out of his way to make things right. But - he does have a very attuned BS detector... if you did something stupid and are trying to push your mistake back on him, you'll likely get no reply at all. Just saying. :D

Welcome to BLF, InTheDark.

Ric is the man! I purchased a light from him that was damaged when I received it. Cosmetic damage, mind you, and he refunded my entire amount and let me keep the light. When I'm after a particular light and he has it then I buy it from him to make sure I give him my business after that incident. He is straight up and I highly recommend buying from him and CNQG.

DX is where I've been buying for years and have never had a problem. Prices are generally the best around and they update their prices regularly to be the lowest compared to their competition. I buy going into it knowing that they are slow to ship but I have always received my goods. They have the best selection of everything, not just flashlights and flashlight DIY parts. They have full descriptions and break down shots of almost every light. If a description is inaccurate then the reviews will guide my purchase. Reviews are marked as "Certified Owner" to assure it's the correct product and I've never seen one that wasn't. What the reviews might lack, the forum posts on that product at the bottom of the product page give me more info than I need. The forum messages are not censored and if the product is defective or inaccurate the users there will tell it like it is. It is head and shoulders above any other Asian web store. Better than any from anywhere, actually. They are my "go to" shop.

ShiningBeam is pricey and their product choices are extremely limited but if it's listed it is in stock and I know I will get it in a few days guaranteed. If I need something ASAP and they have it I buy from them.

I've had great luck from Tmart and even when I received the wrong light once they refunded my money immediately and sent me a prepaid mailing label to return it to them. Selections are limited, especially with flashlights, so I only use them if I find something at a fantastic price. Shipping is crazy fast since they have a warehouse in New York.

When I was annoyed with the delay in informing me a product was not in stock but my payment was processed I didn't have a problem venting, however, I still much respect with how Ric runs his shop compared to most of the other Chinese outfits. I've chatted with him on several occasions and we've both benefitted from knowledge exchange. There's a little language barrier but you can tell he's a flashlight dude. Ric at least listens to you one-on-one and makes an attempt at considering your suggestions or concerns. I think he values the opinions and sentiment from this board.

DX, wouldn’t touch them again!
I ordered some GITD rings, 2 aspheric lenses and I’m sure something else I’ve forgotten lol…
In 2 months I’ve had one aspheric lens and nothing else!
I’d never used them before but I assume they are just a distributer for sellers?

Well another great day... I got my FandyFire STL-V6 and it don't work. I have checked everything, it came on once and I turned it off and now it just comes on for a second when I push the switch then it goes off....Come on can't I get a break. Any ideas??????

I myself have made many silly mistakes over the years so don't be offended if I ask if you have tried changing cells? An exhausted or damaged protected cell can cause the effect you are seeing.

The other thing that occurs to me is a dry or fractured solder joint that contacts when cold and expands to a gap almost instantly when warmed.

I know you say you checked everything but we don’t know what that means exactly so don’t be offended. Most times, especially if it came on briefly, it’s the switch itself. Have you removed the tail cap and used a paperclip or something to directly connect the battery negative to an unanodized part of the battery tube? If it lights up then you know the switch is bad somehow. If a threaded ring holds it in place in the tail cap, make sure it is tight. Also try cleaning the switch by flooding it with WD40 and, if dirty, spray it in until it runs clean then let it drain and dry out before using it.

DinoDirect, Tmart and Focalprice?

Hi, don't worry I won't be offended I just want it to work with the help of you guys...Thank you

I'm going to try the paperclip trick now

I touched the clip to the neg and to ground and it comes on. So just take it apart and spray it with wd-40 should I use my air compressor to blow it out?

Thanks alot guys, I was dreading trying to deal with DX, Cause if they are anything like Manafonts customer service.....

Kaidomain isn't on the list, that is a site where I buy often (Like on DX and MF)

JohnnyMac,

I just took it apart again and inspected the soldering on the switch. I don't know if you have this light but if you do look at the side with the spring where it's soldered to the circuit board?? where the solder his holding down the spring the solder comes out to one of the 4 corners of a circle. There is no solder connecting them could that be it? I know it's very hard to explain.

Ideally I would have it set up where you could rank all the vendors and I'd have a few more added to the list, but that would put a lot of voters off. I tried to keep it simple with the most popular/controversial vendors we primarily buy flashlights from. I had KD on the list but then removed them since I think they get used for DIY parts quite a bit compared to complete flashlights.

Send it back for replacement or full refund. It's rather difficult to contact their customer service or they will drive you around. File a claim to Paypal is the best solution! I recently did the same thing & received a full refund!

Unfortunately I don't have one. Can you post a pic of it? It'd be worth a thousand words. ;)