Which tailcap? My first mod, need some help..

Hi all guys, that’s my first mod! :smiley:
I’ve buy some time ago this little bastard:
It’s a nice AA/14500 zoomer, this is the link if you want to take a etter look: Ultrafire Q5

As you can see, the tailcap/button is out/broken, and I need to replace it.
It’s broken because I’ve try to put out, it do not work anymore :frowning:

Here some ore pics:

HERE another pic with a different tailcap spring, much bigger (the flashlight itself have some improvement).

So, I’m a totally noob, I nedd some advise which switch must buy to replace it.
I have to replace it and give again to my stepfather.
Thank you very much for helping me!!
(sorry for the big photos)

That is the worst kind of tail switch setup :(

Press-in, with spring jammed under switch tab.

Not much you can do about the press-in part - hopefully the white retainer is not too damaged to be re-used.

These may fit, although they look a little taller.

There are also other switches on that site - measure the dimensions of your switch, & compare.

your best option may to buy another flashlight. Any switch you buy to put in will probably cost almost as much as a replacement flashlight.

Yes, it was a nightmare!
I have destroy the white tab with a knife and a little skrewdriver, I don’t know if can re use it.

The dimensions of the switch are very different from what I’ve find around…14mm/16mm

:frowning:

DanielM thanx for the infos :slight_smile:

you can always opt for fake 1288 switches or this one

and hotglue them back in if the retainer is broken

What I did was I used a rubber washer and press fit it in. But insulation needed to be made on the longer switch tabs

These switches are very good and cheap:
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1529

You have to assemble it so that one lead of the switch makes contact with the bare metal of the tailcap and the other lead needs to get the spring soldered on. I would try to clean the plastic part a bit and then reuse it. Maybe you need some dremeling or glueing, but it is doable.

Thank you, I’ve saw this switch, but I’m not sure if it goes in the cap. The dimensions are not the same.

that can be a possibility, my last chance :wink:
But what about modes? I don’t care strobe or sos or moonlight or so on; for this flashlight low/high is enough.
This sucker can work with 14500 too, so I would need a coupple of modes.

they are out stock :frowning:
but I can try with Dx.com

Werner, did you ever bought these? How they work?