Which thrower more?

Hello i think to buy a flashlight Thrower

and I have a question.

Which thrower more?

Sky Ray STL or Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1

and where can i buy the last? and which extension tube for 2×1860?

in this video* seem bad thower* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9QtgDNUdU

and x8 similar distance is best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOpXtDZLlNU&feature=plcp

Bye

Which thrower more? >>> Sky Ray STL V2

One of many List
http://fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=437

They will both give you about the same 50k lux, but the STL will put out much more total light with a bigger spot. The MPP is smaller and easier on the batteries.

the distance is similar???

The MPP is smaller and easier on the batteries.???
not understanding

thanks

El STL tiene mas alcance que el Masterpiece pro 1, el MPP-1 lo puedes comprar en la tienda Solarforce , quizas en tu pais haya alguna tienda que pueda vendértela, visita la pagina de Foro Linternas vi a algunos vendedores de España ahí.

El MPP-1 tiene un diámetro mas pequeño que el STL ademas de consumir menos energía que el STL a un costo de menos intensidad lumínica.

Saludos!

Ok I get about 51k lux with my STL and I searched and found a 48k figure for the MPP-1 so they throw about the same.

The STL is a 750 lumen light with a bigger spot. It requires two 18650 batteries to drive the led, making the light bigger. It also pulls at least twice the amps with two batteries compared to the MPP.

The MPP is only 250ish lumens I believe, but it’s more concentrated spot will shine just as far. It can be run on one 18650, I’m no expert on the light but I believe more 18650 simply add more runtime to the light (it can also be run with 2 and maybe more with extensions). The MPP lasts longer on one battery than the STL on two, simply because it’s generating less light from less amps.

Basically they are both good dedicated throwers, but the differences in the light are because of the emitters (xml vs. xre). More total light and a little more throw go in favor of the STL.

jacks9: Una buena recomendación para saber cual tiene más alcance, es buscar reviews en donde aparezcan datos claves como ser: LUX o CD, que es a grandes razgos lo mismo.
La linterna con mayor número de LUX o de candelas (CD) es la que va a tener mayor alcance.
Por ejemplo, tengo una linterna con triple XM-L que tiene 2300 lumenes, pero tan solo 20KCD, en cambio la STL debe andar por el orden de los 800Lumenes pero entre 50Kcd (or 50KLux), por lo tanto eso quiere decir que la STL va a tener mayor alcance, pero la triple XM-L va a tener mas “flood” o “spill” (osea, ilumina más alrededor, y no tanto en un punto concentrado). Existen linternas que hacen bien ambas cosas, pero ya no son baratas.

I’ll take the XM-L beam over the XR-E anyday for all around more useability.

Me too, but it’s matter of taste, I have a friend that prefers his HS801 R2@2A over any XM-L due to it’s small size. It’s a thin pencil beam, but for what he does is the best he has tried so far…

Pro-1 uses XR-E emitter = smaller, tigher spot and less power usage.

XM-L = bigger spot and uses more battery power to do it.

It’s all about intensity - Pro-1 has lower lumens but high intensity so it still throws a long way.

Taken to the extreme, you have the likes of the Dereelight Night Master with the aspheric lens. Very high intensity, low lumens (250 or so) and a very small, bright spot that is no good as a search light at all.

Depends what you want to use the light for - do you need to light up a big area AND have long throw? Then get the XM-L thrower.

Do you want long throw but don’t need to light up a larger area, and need long runtime? Then get an XR-E thrower.

Just buy you a TK70 and be done with it. You’ll have both throw and spill.

Or… HID? Ebay/Aliexpress 65W HID vs Fenix TK70 (new 75W model available now)

I would like to have a good one of them one day.