White Laser Flashlight Acebeam W30 WOW!!!

A neutral diffusor would be equivalent to the integrated measurement.

Measuring the beam distance on this light takes some work. I tested multiple times at 15 meters and then again at 10m just to verify. You also need a way to make slow/small adjustments to the light position on the tripod, and a video camera set up to record whats being input to the meter because your so far a way. I wish so much that a wireless light meter existed!

500 hundred lumens seems really low. Is this just cause we are barely getting into this technology or because Acebeam is being a business and like any business, it’s rolling out it’s base model first, then when it sells, bring out the “new and improved”?

I meant that regarding the spectral measurement.

And that’s what my answer was for. Any tint on the diffuser would affect the CRI and color measurement, but the integrated measurement reflects a situation where the light is perfectly diffused with a perfectly neutral diffuser.

And since the W30 doesn’t come with a diffuser, it would be counterproductive to measure it with some random diffuser.

This is one of the very first production model LEP lights. Remember how 10 years ago a single 3.5mm LED outputting 1000 lumens of light (let alone neutral white and high CRI!) was completely unthinkable? Same deal here. We’ll see rapid improvements if advancements in LEDs and LASER technology are anything to go by.

Just to add some data points. I tested three W30 CRIs and got the following:

1. 921 kcd - 310 lm
  2. 866 kcd - 320 lm
  3. 1086 kcd - 320 lm

Throw measured at 30 meters.

Also, output seems well regulated. As the battery gets almost empty, the light starts to flicker at a decreasing frequency. First it’s just like bad PWM, then a straight up strobe.

Will this set you on fire at close range? :laughing:

No, the light output is very modest and the tight focus is at a distance, not closeby