Who can build me a Custom UV Emisar D4?

No doubt if somebody could build this I could easily refer more customers from our industry…

Has to be 365NM… Specifically for Urine Detection.

That 365nm may be the kicker, as stated above the Carclo will absorb a lot at that frequency. I build a triple in 365 once, the optic really screwed up the build. I went back to a single emitter and a decent driver.

The Carclo optic would be a big barrier to the UV, especially if you need 365nm. There are workarounds but they're a bit of a PITA. The next problem you'd have is that, last I checked, UV LEDs all have pretty high Vf. That means you'd hit the limit on FET pretty quick, without much power, even though a quad/triple would help with the Vf problem. What I'd recommend (and have been debating doing myself) is a triple in a C8F (avoids the problem with polycarbonate optics) with something like 2S 18350 and a buck driver, or find a driver to boost when the cell's below the rather high UV LED's Vf.

I guess, looking again at djozz's tests, the Vf isn't so high that you couldn't get acceptable output from a quad. But based on your comment about a "D4", I'm assuming you want more than "acceptable" output (by the way, wear eye protection please), so we're talking about hitting 4 Volts for the forward voltage at around 2 amps for the higher-powered LEDs. On a fresh 30Q, that wouldn't get you super high with output, and with any regulated drivers you'll be out of regulation pretty quick.

Newly released convoy s12 could be used as a host.

Combine 3 of these leds in this 6A host with one of these filters (one of them will likely be a good fit).

You beat me to that :slight_smile:

Sooo…

Who’s gonna build it? Texas_Ace? DB Custom? Who else is in Texas that builds lights?

I want to see the result. :partying_face:

Just counted up. About $70 of parts only per light. How badly do you want one of these? :money_mouth_face:

Simon might be willing to sell you a Convoy S12 with triple LG UV 365nm emitters if you ask.

I asked him earlier today about such a build, we’ll see what he says. I will buy one immediately if he can do it.

It will be pricey (LG UV 365nm emitters are not cheap), but very powerful, and eye protection and extreme caution will be required.

Well there I go, completely missing an important UV LED with much lower Vf. Thanks djozz :wink:

And while it (hopefully) doesn’t need to be said, I’ll say it anyway.

Wear appropriate eyewear, unless you wanna go all Stevie Wonder and/or Ray Charles and/or Andrea Bocelli.

So unless you have some serious musical talent, listen up.

Don't worry, it's okay...

I'm sure he's a musical genius.

^ Nobel Prize material.

Thank you, now all who have checked your links will see aliexpess page in dutch.
Is there any special reason why you use it? In most cases ali provide awfull traslation, isnt it more easy to use global version?

Back to topic.
I think we need to start with one question - do you need any special throw application? What is the distance from flashlight to objects?

It is not me but aliexpress that gives me the dutch page all the time. There probably is a way to make it default in english but I did not bother to find out. But when I provide links I should take care to give them in english, sorry about that!

Cool Im interested in the 3 LG S12 sounds like a winner… Who do I speak to about it again?

Who is Simon? how do I talk to him about an S12 project?

Simon is the owner of Convoy Flashlights. He is also present in this forum and often does special builds for customers on request. The way maybe to do it is ordering an S12 on his aliexpress website, but not pay it but instead write a message to him in the order page asking for the different leds. If you are lucky he will be willing to build you the UV S12 (he does not have a UV-pass filter in the S12 size so that you will have to do yourself) and will adjust the price accordingly. Then you pay.

https://convoy.nl.aliexpress.com/store/330416

But maybe you can ask Simon directly in the Convoy thread on BLF: 【convoy】S21E XHP50.3 HI available now