Who else does this?

I feel no love for the C8 (I find the design rather ugly), but I appear to be in the process of building up a (Lumintop) Tool collection, so yes I do that.

I think so. I ordered a Lumintop SD10 neutral so that my Thrunite TN4A NW and Nitecore EA41w would have another soda can flashlight to battle against. There’s a 1 day sale for the Sunwayman D40A NW coming up, so I’ll be grabbing one of those as well.

Also, I want a Rayovac Virtually Indestructible 2D to go with my 2AA, 3AAA, 3AA, and 3C. And I want a Convoy S2+ in blue, green, and red with the color tints 5000K, 4300K, and 4000K, respectively, so the color of the Convoy tells me the cool/warmness of the tint.

Weirdness is part of the flashlight collecting hobby.

That reminds me i to have a Thrunite TN4A giving me the eyeball from across the room i may need to get it a 4 aa friend to keep it company . Thank you all for the replies it seems the obsession is normal then im very pleased .

It sure is an obsession. You don’t want to know how many Coast focusing flashlights I have because I love their focusing implementation from a utilitarian perspective.

We’re all a little odd here. Welcome! :bigsmile:

So, yes.

I bought it 11 C8 before I say: “that’s that! ……Until next!”

“Now you see, Billy, that when two flashlights love each other very much, they need to express that love in the way that only grownups can. And that’s how baby flashlights are made…”

Who else does this?

It can get worse, wait until you start collecting different colors and different shades of black!

It’s much worse for knives, especially collectible ones.

For example, the Spyderco HAP40 sprint run set of the Endura, Delica, Stretch, Dragonfly, Ladybug and Manbug about $400 for the set, if you’re lucky enough to get them in the few minutes it takes for each model to sell out. Having every Paramilitary 2—it’s in the thousands. It only gets worse from there, like with Hinderer, ZT, and the customs are just insane.

I think there’s potential here. Did you try some music? Maybe some red wine & dark chocolate? Maybe one of your C8’s would find a slightly different light more attractive? Stick with 1x18650s so nothing weird happens, but maybe a little hybridization would be beneficial. :wink:

To get back to your questions, no, of course you’re not alone. You’ve come to the right place to make you feel better about a (small) collection! I already have a perfectly good C8 (Thorfire), but I’ve been eyeing up the <$5 ones on ebay just so I can play with one and compare different types. Slippery slope!

Been there, done that… I got copper pills for C8’s from a forum member a couple of years ago? and built a “Trifecta” of C8’s to compare emitter outputs when in the exact same host set-up. It proved interesting, the addition of the copper pill helped, and in the end it was a lot of work fun.

Now I’m doing the X6 thing, with Titanium, SS, Copper, anodized Aluminum, with XP-L HI emitters, XM-L2, SBT-70, MT-G2, Triple XP-L HI, Triple XP-L, Quad Nichia 219C… gotta be forgetting something… lol

Yes, it’s an obsession, that’s what hobbies are. At first I claimed I needed a different light for a different job. By the time I had about 20 lights it was getting difficult to keep that separation. By the time I had about 50 lights I was figuring out it was the build, not the light. Now with some 128 lights, (see? Don’t even know the actual count!) it’s about what’s “NEXT”. :slight_smile:

Have fun, enjoy yourself, and welcome to the madness.

emarkd? That triage of r,g,b is awesome! :slight_smile:

There’s a 1 day sale for the Sunwayman D40A NW coming up, so I’ll be grabbing one of those as well

Link?

http://www.andrew-amanda.com/newsletter/

Scroll to the bottom. It’s the deal of the day on Fri Jan 29, for $39.

I left two of my favorite lights in a drawer and hoped for the best, but all that happened was a busted tailcap and some scratched ano :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have that kind of obsession, but if i have more money to spend that was another story

I’m getting there, I have 2 different C8s, but am looking at a Xin TD or a Convoy.
Not entirely sure why to be honest. The two I own could be seen as poles apart { copper pill, XPL-HI, 3A driver / good quality vs. an Ultrafire mule }.

Maybe the 3rd could act as a mediator when I can’t decide which to take dog walking :bigsmile:

I don’t find the c8 to be all that attractive of a light, but I too have some issues with collections. I currently have a dozen lumintop tools, I ordered a pair of copper lights with nichia’s and found them utterly fascinating. Picked up 8 aluminum hosts to try my hand at a couple builds… I still have a lot of learning to do though when it comes to attempting to replicate some of the fine work done by some of the more capable members here.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply i feel much better now i know im not alone . Imhoping if i just stick to C8 collecting and who knows one day they may breed then i wont spend any more money that i dont really have on collecting any other i type of light . Then again thats not going to happen i really really like the look of the Convoy X3 i just dont know why lol.

You are not alone in your love for the C8
Here is an entire thread devoted to addicts of the C8