Who named Fasttech

What happened the first 6 times? Customs?

I was told my last knife order with them got returned repeatedly due to export customs failures.
After some chatting with customer support they changed to a different shipping method it successfully got to me.

I probably won’t order knives from them again anytime soon (such a headache!), but I do appreciate their persistence in getting me what I ordered.

Yeh, ain’t their fault, and at least they tried… repeatedly. :laughing:

Stopped at NL Post Honk Kong end due security reasons.

That explains some things. For a time, when I’d add a smallish (sub 3”) knife to my order, the shipping choices that come up would be insanely expensive. Anything for standard shipping would be grayed out. Not spending $30 shipping for a $15 knife. I’ve had no problem from other sources, like AliExpress. I suspect that FastTech is lacking the packing know-how to minimize customs flagging of their packages. My last package was just a few USB-C cables and USB-C to 3.5mm adapter (Baseus, and works on Android) and it took almost 4 weeks to reach me. Plastic bag envelope. Items were bubble-wrapped. But the label printing was terribly small. I think they chose the slow boat from… you know.

2021-09-21 21:05 Heathrow Worldwide DC, United Kingdom, Item has left our International Processing Centre.

I should get this soon maybe tomorrow or the next day. Not bad for 6 knives at a cost of $32.85 shipped.

Sanrenmu 4077MUC-SBE1 x1
Sanrenmu 4110SUX-LY x2
Sanrenmu 4112SUX-LR x2
Sanrenmu 4112SUX-LM x1

Got the knives today well worth the wait.

C’mon man. Fasttech needs you bad.
They will probably have to close the company.

PS: I’ve been buying from them for 9 years.
When they only had 358 items.
Without a glitch.
I buy around 10k a year. e-Cigs and lights.
If they have to close because of you,
I will lose my preferred status.

Cheers.

I like fasttech.

Financial aspects.
Fasttech does NOT want to be involved in the new VAT rules since july 1th.
Even IF the seller charges VAT to me and puts it on my bill, my parcels get stuck with PostNL on Schiphol Amsterdam for at least a week. If not, it will take more time because for every parcel the appropriate VAT has to established.

Physical aspects.
Since Fasttech abstains from VAT, customs will automatically step in. I know that Duch customs are really anal about spring assisted knives, and Brittisch customs is quite OCD about any knives. Don’t be surprised if they never arrive. Same goes for an explanation.

I’m not gonna knock down FastTech – I like them a lot. No annoying ads, coupons or bogus points. Well-structured site, always a drop-down on the right with other models of the same make (simplifies search considerably), CS is no problem (a couple of pictures and had reimbursement), and many other things that make it no-hassle.

But, their shipping to my city is somewhat convoluted. Being on the mid-east side of Canada, they bundle my order on KLM and eventually arrives in Amsterdam. Then some re-bundling to Canada East (Gander or Halifax or something else) and then trucks to my province (Quebec).
The shipping status is lost when it gets re-bundled in NL. I usually have an 8-week wait.

All other Chinese merchants use the west route through Vancouver or Toronto (central dispatch for mid to east Canada). Theirs is average 5 to 6 weeks, sometimes get lucky and receive in 3 weeks. Then I go buy a lottery ticket – my luck might prevail?