Why Called "Soup Can" Lights?

Why are the three and four parallel 18650 battery lights designed for minimal length called “soup can” lights? In actuality they are mostly a lot closer in dimensions to a standard American size beer can or 12 ounce soft drink can. I prefer the name “Beer can lights” personally.

Any other ideas for what to call them?

Soup can lights kinda rolls off the tongue don’t it?

But Beer Can Lights sounds so much more macho! :bigsmile:

so light beer can lights would have low lumens?

No, no! You are thinking of cans with dark beer. They have really low lumens.

I think RaceR86 calls them Coke Can Lights. But based on the number of beer mug icons he posts, I think he would like Richwouldnt's proposed name better.

Because it's a child friendly forum. Don't be glamorizing alcohol or sugary soft drinks.

Diet soda can light?

Considering the amount of SALT in the average can of mister Campbell’s best I do not consider that product to be child friendly either! Reminds me of Navy Chicken Noodle soup which was water, chicken bouillon (90% salt) and noodles. I remember a cook stating that there was NO CHICKEN in Navy chicken soup. Great for the blood pressure. BTW last I read the legal beer drinking age in Germany is still 16 and if accompanied by parents there is no minimum age. Beer, the staff of life through much of history. Safer than drinking water was as part of the beer making process boils all the ingredients except the yeast and it was from the prior batch.

Because soup lights suggests they are hard to hold. However they might get as hot.

I think is started with the SkyRay King, which fits perfectly inside a 12oz Chicken Noodle soup can.

Haha did someone actually test that? I always thought its because they are heavier like a can of soup. Then again my beers don’t stay heavy for too long :smiley:

Several brews were produced from each batch until the last one, not so strong was called small beer. Given freely to children, people used to grow up fast hundreds of years ago.

Growing up in the 1960’s I was always given wine or beer with meals. Not a great amount, a glass or two to savour.

Yes we did.

I’ve been catching up a little on these forums and saw this thread. As I read it, it made think. Am I the one who coined the term. Probably not, but I think I will take credit until proven otherwise. soup can :party: