Why do I "need" a XinTD? Or have I just gone nuts as many other on this forum ;-)

Really? It’s just another C8, good one probably but you pay for it. Might as well mod a cheap C8 and it will cost you about the same. Maybe even less, depends how cheap C8 host you can find.

I went for Keygos M10a. Costs 2/3 of a XinTD C8.

Joa,

Me too :party:

From a 13 to a 16 to a 30 dollar standpoint you are buying better quality metal and the build qaulity is much better.

It's what I wanted. Better quality, 2 mode without the ridicules strobe and sos modes. Simple as that..

I have two of them, no complaints.

Do you need one? Nope, just like you don't need a Cadillac if a Chevy will do.

But it's nice to have and *I* will always pay more if that is what it takes to get a light with no blinky modes. I hate having to cycle through seizure modes just to get back to high again.

amen brother :)

I just posted this on the XinTD. You can see it next to a Jacob and other lights. There are some good C8's around for under $20, I specially like the LightMalls C8 U2 or C8 U3. One of the C8's pictured here with the XinTD is the LightMalls C8 mod'ed with a U3 1C, SS head, and at 3.8A. However, I really like the XinTD looks and the quality of the build (Nanjg driver, brass pill, screw in reflector, etc.). The LightMalls C8 and XinTD have a very similar, high quality beam pattern with a well defined hot spot.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14146#comment-294216

The mod was less than $2 in parts.

Another advantage is the reflector is better designed for the XM-L. Not to mention the pill screws into the reflector making for precise alignment of the led. I’ve noticed on standard C8 lights the hotspot is smaller and corona larger. The XinTD on the other hand is very focused with a larger but brighter and more focused hotspot and less of a corona.

Buying a cheap c8 to mod is a lottery, I got lucky in that the brass pills available fit mine, other wise, I’d be struggling to get a driver to fit an ally pill to eliminate a light that always starts on SOS mode……

As said, the xintd is not essential, it is however, the nicest, best built example of the c8 form factor.

To do over again, I’d just accept paying the slight increase for me :-

C8 £9
Brass pill £3 or so
Nanjg driver £3
Xm-l (if you had to buy one)£3

An xintd c8 is £19.11 and needs no time, solder,thermal paste etc.

Doesn’t look quite so expensive now does it?

No doubt the XinTD is a very nice light. It happens that I ordered one for a friend and compared it with my lightmalls C12 and older version of lightmalls C8 XML. I must say that I can see little or no difference in throw or light output between the c12 and Xintd (the c8 is crap). Of course the XinTD looks really nicely biuld and has some quality components - as everybody is saying - and it will probably resist longer than the c12, but the c12 is a really nice budget light. There was also a review somewhere.

Pic 1:
!!

Pic 2:

C12 review here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/12033. Agree, the C12 looks like an excellent deal - I don't have one, yet... Still, looks like a good host for a LED/driver upgrade.

Thank you all.
How does the Xintd compare to the Jacob A60 in terms of throw?
Does it throw as far?
Is it much floodier?
I do not want to get a light very similar in beam pattern……
If it is as throwy with a little more flood I might retire the A60 8)

2 very different lights - lots more output from the XinTD, not as throwy as the Jacob - the Jacob can really, really throw, but it's a tight spot. The XinTD can light up an area, and throw a bit.

Apart from the size differences mentioned early on, this is the reason it fills a void in your collection. As others have said, if you get a sample you like that is a little weak, a little modding can help to raise the amp draw and lumens. It’s a nice light for a lightweight jacket pocket that provides some pretty good throw vs. the UF2100 (which I consider a pants pocket light).

Got mine today. This thing so much better in person. The anodizing looks really nice with absolutely no blemishes. I've very pleased with the tint, and the beam quality. I measured a maximum of 2.83 amps with Panasonic 2600 mAh unprotected cells. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Totall agree: body, tint, beam pattern is superb - but better at 3.5A , makes a very good light great! Best thing out there for $32! Did you get the budget holster for $2 more? Not bad too.

Tom, I didn't get the holster but I have a solarforce holster for a P60 host that should work fine.... mostly lol!. I let it run for about 20 minutes and it got screaming hot! Excellent heat transfer I must say. Next time I'll take a heat measurement I can only imagine how hot it gets at 3.5 amps!

The other holster (not the cheap one) is basically the same quality with the Sunwayman T20CS hostler, almost identical, just a bit taller.

20 mins is beyond my test times - I go 6-8 mins tops, not held in hand. I did add 2 18 gauge copper discs inside the pill, and some extra thermal grease - should help somewhat but 3.5A is on the lower side for me - I got 2 C8's and another similar size 18650 light running at 3.8A, but all have some level of heat sinking improvements in them. I ran mine at 3.5A, I believe for 8 mins laying down, and it got mildly hot, ok to the touch.

I understand that. 105c is sufficient for that and cost less than $4.
As far as machining goes, nobody can tell without a thorough review of how well do different lights from different suppliers screw in well, are precise or modified.
It’s nice if it finally has a screw in pill.
For those who don’t like to mode it’s a good buy for sure.