Why do you EDC?

I always have a Ti3 in my left pocket. Doesn’t get used much any more but it is always there just ’cause. Once I discovered the EO2 II that became my real EDC and is my most used flashlight. Easily fits in the 5th pocket of my jeans with an EAB. Great combination. FWIW, I found the TS21 to be easy to carry in my right pocket and sometimes it is nice to have more lumen so I more or less EDCd that as well. Really the bigger lights are best for jacket pocket use and that is probably where they belong. Does that make them EDC?

At the moment I find myself in a bit of a quandry regarding EDC. The TS10 also fits neatly into the 5th pocket and it provides big lumen along with an excellent moonlight. Have the 4k version so the beam is wonderful and it more or less replaces both the EO2 II and the TS21. The only problem is that the EO2 II can clip to anything for hands free use plus the magnet is great for server racks. The TS10 has just a marginal clip so it can be a headlamp with a hat brim but not nearly as versatile of a clip on as the EO2 II. I may have to retire my Ti3 because when I discovered the TS10, it seemed as if 3 lights for EDC was just too much;-) Or is it?

I carry a small amount of things on me daily (EDC). Knife, light, pistol and a few odds and ends. Why? Because the people around me are usually a whole lot crazier than I am. Well at least I let them think that for a moment or two. :smiley:

Knife is usually my trusty Wesn.

Light is almost always a DQG Tiny 18650

Pistol is either a Kahr CM9 or a SIG P320

My high tech wallet is a rubber band with my debit card, DL and a few dollars wrapped up in it.

I don’t carry any keys or things that jingle in my pockets or outside my pockets.

I also never carry or wear earbuds of any kind. My sense of hearing is my greatest asset in any situation. Limiting that would be foolish.

As you can tell I like to keep things super simple. The more complicated I make things, the more mistakes I am inviting myself to make.

Careful with the 320. I read yesterday the Co is being sued in a class action for discharges without pulling the trigger.Lawsuit alleges 20 new injuries from Sig Sauer P320 pistol that plaintiffs claim fires without trigger pull | New Hampshire Public Radio

I read that as well. Thought it was pretty old news but none the less something to be aware of. I don’t really have that problem. I built my own fire group or whatever they call it. I guess most people nowdays call it a ghost gun. I have tried and tried to replicate the faults from a video I seen somewhere. I couldn’t get it to discharge prematurely. I beat the hell out of it. I am safe but it’s a good thing to look out for, for anyone buying a used one. I believe they have all the new ones fixed up proper.

Give it to Alec Baldwin. He’ll magically find a way…

I wouldn’t give that guy even a pencil to point at somebody. Something is off with that entire story. I don’t know, I haven’t kept up with it. When I hear there is a live round within a mile of a film set my spiderman senses go off.

I stand behind Alec Baldwin!! (Because standing in front of him is too damned dangerous!)

His story was determined right from the onset to be outright fabrications. John Schneider has a video of the same gun, showing how it’s impossible to fire it without pulling the trigger, and even the Fibbies ruled Baldy’s story to be nothing but hooey.

People tried mishandling the gun, dropping it, banging it, etc., and it wouldn’t fire without a trigger-pull. As in period, end of story. But the dewd’s blaming everyone but himself.

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.

I am not familiar with the 320 but I will say the trend is towards lighter and lighter triggers in striker fired carry guns. I have a LC9 S Pro that I won’t carry with one in the chamber. Or if I do I won’t holster it on my belt. Just too light.

Yikes. Talk about a helluva wake-up call.

I can’t agree enough. There is absolutely space for a light on any minimalist setup, no matter how small. After all, there’s a 100% chance of darkness every day, and even in daytime the chance of facing a dark spot is never zero.

The Arctic circle would like a word.

[raspberry noises]

Started as a kid around 11. Always had a bunch of stuff in my pockets including a Barlow. I guess I was just born with it.

I agree with you about the importance of your sense of hearing which is why I actually do carry earplugs - for the cost of reduced awareness at very loud places, I can preserve my hearing for everywhere else.

That is better to do than have to deal with severe hearing loss later and require some serious boost in some frequencies with hearing aids as I do now. They work very well, Bluetooth for use with phones, etc. But still a PITA.

Maybe this whole EDC thing is about sons and dads .Kids my be curious about the stuff that dad pulls out of his pocket every evening . Stuff like coins, car keys ,a wallet with identification and credit cards , cash etc . Lots of things he doesn't have and isn't supposed to touch. Does he want it more because it's a sign that you've grown up or because he can't have it ... He then wants it all the more .

I carry a light or three every day because I have a flashlight problem. Lately, its been a TS10 clipped to my hat. I really like gadgets, any small, quality gizmo with moving parts is cool by me! Switchblades and flashlights are at the top of my list.

If that story does not prove rich people get away with murder, I don’t know what does.

Much, most?, of the blame should fall on whomever it was that decided live ammunition was okay on the set. No live ammo = no chance of anyone being shot.

I travel to work by the metro/underground/tube/LRT/MRT or whatever they called it in different countries.
So I always carry a small flashlight and multitool in my manbag in case if there is power breakdown or system malfunction that can cause the train to stop and passengers have to disembark and walk on the track in total darkness to the next station or exit.
Never happened to me yet but I just want to be prepared :smiley:

Buncha years ago, the company building had a busted pipe in the basement. FD was called in, and to keep from getting electromocuted sloshing around where water and electricity generally shouldn’t mix, they cut the main power to the entire building.

Once the emergency lighting burned through, the hallways were black. No windows to let in any outside light, nothing.

Well guess who was one of only 2 people in the company who had a flashlight? :laughing:

I know I had 2 of ’em, one was my converted Taskforce light, 2×AA, refitted with an LED Magbulb, but I forget what my other one was. Everyone and his grandmother kept pestering me to “borrow” it to go to the can (which did have a frosted window). Eww.