Wife......

About 7 years ago I picked two lights to leave in my wife’s vehicle for emergency use. I didn’t have a lot of lights to choose from then. They had nearly identical UIs. An olight s2r baton and a wowtac a2s headlight. Keep them locked out with a quarter turn of the tail cap and we would go over the UI every year or so. She hardly ever used them. When severe storms would come through and potentially knock out power I would hand her a convoy S2+.
Almost 3 years ago I said to her one night , “starting tomorrow night we’re going to go over 3 different flashlight UIs every night and it’s going to take about four nights to go through a good representative sample of what I have without repeating”. She laughed. I probably should have done one or two per night but we got through it. This was indoors with other lights on so she wasn’t able to really look at throw and fully understand beam patterns and so forth. At the end I asked her which one was the easiest. Her response was “none”. After careful analysis during this exercise I made the executive decision to assign a Wurkkos FC 11 to her. She did not object in any way. It stays on her nightstand. And we recently changed the lights in her vehicle to a FC 11 and a HD15 headlight. Almost identical UIs and interchangeable batteries. We also included a GT mini as a good thrower. Again pretty close UI and interchangeable battery.
If she wants to choose an extra one. Fine. If she ever wants to trade this one for a different one I would not object. But to just let somebody choose a light without them fully understanding everything about it and other options doesn’t seem like a wise idea.

1 Thank

Yeah, I like them, my W3 Pro Tac is one of my two EDC lights (along with a D4K).

1 Thank

Tbh that’s probably the best relationship advise in general. Listen what you partner wants, and unless it totally clashes with your own needs and you need to sit down together and find a compromise, try to make it happen :smile:

Sofirn SF 16 UV light. Soon as I showed it to Mrs. Jeff - I didn’t see it for a while.
Everything else - as long as it turns on - that’s fine.
BLF Q8 with the switch LED on bright on the bathroom counter, Convoy SF2+ on the kitchen counter.
BTW the Q8 has been sitting there for like a year and the voltage is at 3.8v according to the internal Batt check.
All the Best,
Jeff

2 Thanks

Gf’s got a Cometa, ie, The Big Blue Lighthouse, as a house-light.

Power goes out, that blue tailcap lights up half a room in the dark.

1 Thank

My wife has two flashlights: A Lumintop Tool AAA that she keeps in her work bag, and a Manker E02 II NW she keeps in her purse. Both are powered by Energizer Advanced Lithium AAA cells because she doesn’t want the responsibility/hassle of managing lithium ion rechargeables and I don’t want to have to clean up after alkaline leaks.

She likes my Noctigon K9.3 a lot but doesn’t want anything that complicated for herself.

1 Thank

Sounds very suspicious…I would be on high alert.

1 Thank

:rofl: :joy: