Wifi, noob question, Wireless adapter recommendation?

Depends on how much you are willing to spend and how fast the connection is. Say most guest will limit you to say g o or b speeds. I personally think all usb adaptors are pretty much the same. I used th WN-100 off this other device I have.

If the location is a bit far and you already have a wireless b/g usb dongle adaptor. Get a wok, satellite or dish pan and usb extender. I heard using a cellphone wrapped on network cable can boost the signal too.

I used to steal my neighbor’s internet just so I can use mine to torrent and theirs so surf. I would get 1-2 bars out of 5. With the booster I can get up to additional 2 bars.

All in all I wouldn’t spend more then 20 bucks on a Wireless N adaptor.
Here’s the Wn-100 on ebay for 10.

x2 on that… stronger / better signal reception than my macbook pro. my wife and brother in laws iphones and my sister in laws ipad can’t even see the network.

I went cheap on this one to start with. Mine is the same as yours… but without the antenna. The antenna version was ~$7-8 more. I’m content for now, but its nice to know I can up the ante if I ever need to. Even without the antenna I get 90-95% signal strength.

EDIT Oh one more thing… Theres 2 types of install for these, a basic install (just pop in the CD) and the full client utility. I tried the basic install first and could not get it to work properly (noob alert still in effect). So I installed the full client utility and BAM!!! up and running!!

Here’s a video on how to boost your wifi signal. I’ve heard it’s had great results: