Wildtrail WT90: which MCU does it come with, and how to flash it?

As per the subject. I’m seriously considering one of these lights to fill that SBT90.2-shaped hole in my heart, and as for me Anduril is mandatory, I would like to know:

• which MCU does it came with? I presume it’s not the great AT1616, but I’m hoping it’s not an 8KB-hobbled AT85 either…

• What do I need to get in order to flash it with Anduril? I know it can be done because our own Tactical Grizzly has reported doing it, but I would like to know exactly what USB adapter + pogo-pin PCB I will need to get.

TIA!

(PS: tagging @tactical_grizzly)

It’s using the Attiny 85 with the BLF_Q8 hwdef.
Ideally you need the HQ Progkey (together with an USBasp) for flashing because the driver doesnt use a Hank similiar layout.
It’s an 8x2 layout

2 Thanks

That’s what I was hoping not to hear :frowning: Well, better to hear it before buying, than afterwards :expressionless:

HQ Progkey

You mean this, right? [Oshpark] HQ ProgKey - Universal Driver Programming Key

It’s an 8x2 layout

Not 4x2?

Thanks!

It’s not really a problem, you can still have the newest multichannel build on it, you just need to remove stuff like simple mode, tactical mode etc.
And you have a slightly less smooth ramping

Yes, iirc Wolfgirl did or does a re-run of them currently so maybe PM her and ask

derp yes, its 4x2
you’re totally right

1 Thank

Yeah, well, I already #undef USE_SIMPLE_UI, but it still needs ~11KB. But was hoping not to have to remove anything else, as well as being ready for the wonderful stuff that TK is no doubt preparing now that she moved development to Github :slight_smile:

Will do if I go ahead and get this light. Not so sure now as the AT85 thing is a bummer for me… Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks for the confirmation (I was afraid I was missing something) as wel as for your prompt and detailed responses! :+1:

Well, if you want a t1616 you might be able to get it modded to t1616 using one of the adapters that Adair21 has made.

Alternatively, maybe a Convoy 3x21D with a piggyback could do the trick? I can show you how to do it.

1 Thank

I faintly remember seeing these “piggyback converter” boards, was it on Reddit? Do you still have the link? Tagging @Adair21 in case he can/will comment.

We talked about this on another topic – I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I don’t feel like i have the necessary skill for that yet :frowning:

Or do you mean the Convoy 3x21D with Adair21’s piggyback?

That wouldn’t work, it’d need to be a T85 MCU that it replaces, the 3x21D has a Sonix MCU of some sort.

If you feel you can do a driver install (just soldering the wires to the mcpcb) I might be able to put one together for you. Send me a PM if you’re interested.

1 Thank

Of course a straight-through pigback wouldn’t work… but perhaps the piggyback board could countain enough circuitry to remap the Sonix GPIO/power/etc pins to useable ATTiny1616 ones, and then the Anduril hwdef files adapted to take that into account?

I’m reasonably handy with a soldering iron and electronics, specially of the through-the-hole kind – very little to no experience with SMD stuff.

I might be able to put one together for you. Send me a PM if you’re interested.

Thanks again for the kind offer! PM’ing you right away!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Thank