Will my charger damage my batteries?

Got one of those with the 8x7135 chips. IMO it’s a great light but trying to pump that much power through it is not efficient.
7135*4 vs 7135*8 drivers

Yeah, I was on the fence between the 8x and the 6x.
Went with the 8x because it’s mainly going to be used as a bike light, so it will have plenty cooling, and the medium mode should be bright enough if it runs at 40% as advertised (1.1A)
But probably the same could be said for the x6, with some extra efficiency. For €14 I might just order another one with the x6 or x4 driver

EDIT: of course I forgot that on medium it will still run at 2.8A, but with PWM, thus less efficiently, as explained in that thread you linked

Well, my Liitokala 300 just arrived.

All four Trustfire Flames 3000mAh report an IR of around 50-100mR

…but with batteries fully charged, it will go to “null” in both slots, which I believe means that the batteries’ protection is kicking in because of the slightly high termination current… or that’s what I thought!

So I measured the voltage with no batteries in the charger… and it’s 4.9V in both slots!!!

What gives? Isn’t that insanely high?

EDIT: Also, while charging an almost full battery, the voltage oscillates between 4.16V and 4.23V in 15-20 secs intervals. Is that normal?
EDIT2: Once the protection is trigered, the battery measures only 4.13V. With the cheap charger it went up to 4.17V
EDIT3: Found this so I guess it’s normal for these batteries to trip the protection.