[WIP] 17mm DD+single-7135 driver / single sided / Dual-PWM

FWIW, the Mtn FET+1 drivers already have the fix implemented. IIRC, so do some other recent BLF designs, like Texas_Ace’s drivers. There’s a resistor added to take the edge off FET pulses and mostly eliminate the ringing which caused the problems.

The issue is that wight’s design had some pretty strong feedback when the FET shut off. The attiny13 chip could handle it, but tiny25 and above can’t, so they get knocked over by the wave and reboot.

I think the thing here is that people all over the world have easy access to the X6 driver or A6 driver from Banggood, whereas it costs dearly to have Richard ship overseas. Easier to apply the fix to the cheap driver that’s more readily available.

I forget so much it’s like starting over every time I go to build something, lol. A recent computer issue made me do a clean install of Windows and I lost everything I’d downloaded, I had a copy of my C drive but some of that is outdated and it’s difficult for me to remember what to do, where to look, just what’s missing. Surely like starting from scratch, and what a PITA that is! lol

I was out of most of my driver supplies so I ordered new boards and new components. I saw Wight’s Rev 30 board and ordered some, only to find out that he’d made a few mistakes and there’s a Rev 32 that is more solid. :person_facepalming: The boards aren’t even here yet, and I have to try to remember that R1 and R2 are marked opposite, as well as the +1 chip not being hooked up, needs to be air bridged… geesh. I bet when I tried that board back when he implemented it I never saw where he said he’d goofed, I never got it working. lol And here I go again, starting over. Woe is me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I also ordered 30 SIR800DP MOSFET’s, forgot I like the SIR404DP better. Ugh…

What about the SIRA20DP ? :smiley:

The A00DP doesn’t work well, this I know… the A20DP? Not sure. But the specs indicate the 404 is the best and I’ve had quite a bit of provenance with it, not as much as with the 800 of course as I’ve used hundreds of those (literally) but when it comes down to the extra little bit more, the 404 is where it’s at.

Edit: Ironic, isn’t it? I mean, that I find these MOSFET’s to power my lights so well when they are from Vishay-DALE? :smiley:

A little late to the party, but here’s djozz’s fix info: