Wolf-Eyes SEAL-picture heavy

Any dimensions on the lens?

According to Wolf Eye’s website I see that this baby has an 83mm head. That is one sweet light. I wish they sold just the light without the extra head and charger etc…… It would be my next purchase for sure!

i dont know…

these things are kinda like, just a regular t20 more or less, with a different HEAD you screw on. Th head just happens to hold a big aspheric.

why dont companies just MAKE “big heads” with a 5 or 10 dollar aspheric… for reasonable aftermarket purchase for lights that are reasonable to get the host for?

True but a huge aspheric is what gives this light so much potential. Driven right with a de-domed xp-g2 could make this a monster thrower. I like it a lot!

Unfortunately this has been discussed for decades and they would not even bother our request at all lol.

On the other side sometimes I think it’s something to do with “market division”. They know well that the customers wants a bigger head thrower and it is not difficult at all to manufacture these in term of technical aspect. But they only offer the bigger head thrower (what customers want) in a more premium package or expensive brand (Wolf-Eyes, Fenix, Thrunite… etc.). We all know that a bigger head/aspherical lens only cost slightly more expensive in actual but they purposely price them much higher than they should be. Of course they can make a budget big aspherical head thrower for us, but it’s a matter of whether they want to do it or not!

Same idea can go to why it is so difficult to get a budget driver without disco modes. If they offer you a budget light with very high PWM frequency and good modes most people would already be happy with it and won’t look for higher end lights (though they have much better built quality). To give you an example, the Courui big head flashlight. It has big head for throw but with crappy modes and “only” 2.5A current draw with its stock driver. Imagine if you can put a Nanjg driver in it and have every good things in the world but only cost you how much in total? Why wouldn’t they just do it since it is simple for them just having to re-programme the stock driver?

I certainly see your point from a budget perspective, after all this is BLF and it’s what we are all about.

Disclaimer: the SEAL is not a budget light.

The T20 is a knock off clone of the wolf eyes night hunter, albeit a very good one.
I have built hundreds of T20’s. Trust me, The SEAL is in a class above.

Like I mentioned on another forum, a home hacker can certainly build a light that performs better for less money. And many have, 78 mm dx lens in a rolson host is cheap cheap. Or T13 with Crelant head also cheap and close in performance. But to wrap everything up in a very well designed, built, finished, and highly functional package such as the SEAL, AND put it in production is very hard, and costly to do.

A large percentage of the cost on high end aspheric builds is in the glass. You get what you pay for when it comes to quality glass.

Generally speaking the $5-10 lenses are really crappy quality. We have found some cheap lenses that work fairly decent in flashlight applications and still would never find their way into a Leupold or swarovski riflescope. But that’s why tasco’s cost $60 bucks and swarovki’s cost $1500.

I am already looking at custom made lenses for the SEAL that cost more than the light itself!

I feel this light is a bargain at $150. Just my 2cents.

Sorry about the rant. Sometimes I get a little fired up.

or $110 at the german shop

I started to purchase this light a moment ago from the German site and got to the check out and the price jumped to $138 after VAT. I may have to hold off for a while at least until someone mods it and we know it’s potential. I hope it can be modded to out throw my XsearcherVn.

Kevind43
please keep us up to date on your mods to the SEAL including red and IR emitters!!!

There are some copper bits being spun up and a prototype red emitter from luminus is on my workbench. :wink:

I also have the XSearchervn [477Kcd] and have similar thoughts as you!!!

I do not know enough about these lights but was also wondering how this “Wolfeye” light would do w/ a similar mod??

Thanks for the pics.!

I modded a wolfeyes t20 with a sst90 RED run at 7 amps off a lifepo4 battery.
the battery is separate from the light and runs thru a 7135 board, no controller , simple toggle switch and works well with this battery.
I decided to de dome the sst90 and I am not sure this made the beam any better
I have a flydragon aspheric head that I will sometime graft onto another t20 head and hope for more throw with that.
if all works well with Kevind43 IR mods I may do that to it also., or should they market the sbt90 in red that also.
the t20 with the sst90 would work well as a hunting light as the throw is pretty good and lots of light.
I will get a board with more 7135s on it and try running it at approx. 9 amps.

I hope quality control is better now at wolfeyes as one of the t20 / nighthunter lights I got had terrible glass in it full of bubbles , but they did send me another head/body.

Just for clarification the uniquefire UF-T20 and the Wolf-Eyes Nighthunter are not the same light. The T20 is a knock off clone of the Wolf-Eyes Nighthunter….albeit very good one. Of the 200 or so T20’s that I have built only a handful have had unacceptable lenses.

I agree the SST-90 will work well in the larger lens aspheric lights. The XPE-2 P3 is a very efficient red thrower, however, behind a 66mm or larger aspheric lens the beam angle(1.63degrees) is such that the projected image is smaller than the field of view of most riflescopes. This creates a “black” ring around the projected die image in the scope. If you lose your target in the “black” ring it is very difficult to reacquire said target in a night hunting situation. THe SST-90 solves this problem increasing the beam angle to 3.63degrees fully filling the field of view.

Please start a thread showcasing your T20 SST-90 mods, I would love to see what you have done.

Thanks for the pics.

Put a de-domed XP-G2 in it and just do spring mods and heavy wires and you could probably hit 400kcd with little to no fuss at all.

How do you open the press fit pill? I don’t get it out

needle nose pliers inserted into notches, then with a very slight twisting and prying motion , separates the aluminum from the brass exposing the 7135’s.

I have not disassembled the pressed collar that holds the MCPCB.

I kind of doubt if you change to dedomed xpg2 for this huge lens light, the beam will look as narrow as a chopstick. :smiley:

Of course it will throw like crazy. But maybe a dedomed XML2 1A worth a try too.

Kevind43

how is the IR / Seal project doing??

I dedomed the led and the spot is clear and much smaller than without dedoming. but I think its not the optimum. If I have enough time I will try to change the xml and put a xp-g2 or the new xp-l into it.

If this works I will take some beamshots for comparsion.

greets, bright

Some parts are being machined for it, when they come back I will continue the modifications.