Worth a go?

Well, mine doesn’t :stuck_out_tongue:
I have plenty 17mm drivers here - all of them were very loose in there. I measured it out and it was very close to 18mm.
But it doesn’t matter too much - heat transfer to the case is not really good, so you don’t want to put a 2.8A driver in that thing :stuck_out_tongue:

My Astrolux A01 does.

ha ha, i have never had that happen with a pusher, but i have with a twisty
( if it is loose, or not unscrewed far enough)
wle

I’ve never had a sideswitch or tailswitch that didn’t accidentally turn on in my pocket, usually burning down a Li primary ($:money_mouth_face:.

It’s a real treat to look down and see a glow coming from inside my pocket right through the material…

Twisties? Never. If it takes ¼-turn to turn it off, I’ll give it about ¾-turn to be safe. And give it a squeeze (lens and tail) to make sure it doesn’t accidentally turn on. That way you’ll know what’s the minimum you need to unscrew it to make sure it stays off.

Decent twisties are nice and “rubbery” thanks to the O-ring. If it’s loose, you got a crappy light, or already wore down the O-ring. Can’t fault twisties in general for that. That’s why they usually include extra O-rings.

twisties can unscrew accidentally in pocket, nice pieces of metal and a li ion cell rattling around :wink:
Only the small AAA SS Vollsion is smart, unscrew to turn on and screw tight to turn off, only one I would carry around for long in my pocket.

I have yet to see one so loose that it’d do that.

All of mine have at least a half-dozen turns or more before they’d come apart.

So stop Twisting, you dancing fool. :smiley:

...and some of my twisties accidentally unscrew in my pocket.

:smiley: :smiley:

Lightbringer I have not had it because the mere thought of it makes me not carry one for long :wink:

Well before my time, but I remember listening to his albums back when I was a kid. The Monkees, too. :smiley:

I still gotta ask what kind of twisties do youse buy that they’re turning on, unscrewing, etc.?

Damn…

My Astrolux A01 turns on in my pocket and my Tank007 E09 is one of my flashlights that unscrews automatically.

Both of which are on my keychain.

Ooookay, 2 lights scratched off my to-get list…

Been looking at the jetbeam 2 mk and the klarus p1c. Does anyone have either of these? The klarus has better run time and I prefer less modes is it any good?

I got the JBs, I and II. The II Pro looks too “medieval” for my liking, but the regular II is nice.

Don’t have the Klarus, so can’t compare.

IIRC my Tank007 E09 has not unscrewed itself in my pocket or turned itself on. It’s on a large ring with about a dozen keys, and I am quite active at work. My CooYoo Quantum has been equally reliable in a smaller ring in another pocket. It is this level of reliability which makes them my EDC lights; anything less wouldn’t do :sunglasses:

Very much a different story with the Mag Solitaire’s I used to carry on a clip hooked to my belt-loop. I’ve lost at least 20 of those :open_mouth:

Phil

Might just go for a convoy S2 shortie, already have an M1 and Love it…

That’s true!
I have an old Xtar wk21 Meteor moded with a a Shockli imr battery that unscrewed in my poquet with some coins. I notice it because “something” was burning my leg.

http://gb.lightmalls.com/bronte-v1-cree-xpg-g2-led-600-lumen-hands-free-small-led-flashlight

Might get this one,any thoughts? Could always get a Fenix e15 I guess…

Ended up getting a klarus p1c, bypassed the tail spring and I’m very happy with it. Only one thing is the switch retaining ring is aluminium I’d like a brass one if anyone knows where I can get one.