Would you buy a Fenix from aliexpress?

This is “that” thread, which didn’t have further notice on the resolution of the issue:

A large part of the cost of a legit product that has to be taken into account of the selling price are: the cost that have to be met before production actually starts, and the cost that occur after the product has been sold.
So if you are in “posession” of the original manufacturing specifications, maybe even CNC-input, and skip town before after sales or warranties are needed, you can make a profit on a product with the same quality and a lower price.

Same can happen after designers change teams. As far as I can remember Jetbeam and Fenix manufactured some very similar looking 4*AA lights.

As for batteries with the same brand as the lights they are sold with. You (that is: me) don’t know what’s inside them, and I’m affraid small and starting manufacturers don’t know either.

If you wanna buy Fenix lights on Ali: check the reviews. And NOT the ones that look like: oooooh, it smelled sooooo nice when I opened the box. And similar one-liners

Schnauzers are the best, we have one too xD

We have two :slight_smile:

I just got a PD35 V3 from OPED THE LIGHT Store on AE. It’s a genuine Fenix product.

If you lookup the serial number on the Fenix website what does it say, also will they honour the warranty?

I also got a Fenix from OPED THE LIGHT Store. Indeed genuine and very fast shipping. But I don’t know if Fenix would honor the warranty. I would not trust that this store would, as it can disappear at any time and reappears with other name, as already happened.

Well the serial number is recognised on the fenix site and says sales area China. So it’s a genuine product. I assume warranty would also have to come thru China which is where the problem begins.