WTB: Astrolux/BLF A01 Copper

[/quote]

This is the first I’ve read about the Old Lumens version A01 having next mode memory. So, I tested mine just now and it does NOT have next-mode memory. Perhaps all those guys tried on/off cycles that were too short? Twisties need more time to “switch” between on and off and back on again. So, the driver firmware may have been tweaked to have a longer than normal memory for switching modes. But, when I turn mine on and change the mode, then leave it on for a little while, then turn it off and leave it off for a while, then turn it back on, it returns to Moonlight mode. That means it has no form of mode memory at all. In fact, I wish it did have “last mode” memory. Mine DOES have another “fault” though. In spite of being listed at Banggood as having a Nichia 219B, it actually has a Nichia 219C instead. So there’s that.

My copper BLF A01 has Manker’s driver but LED in my copy is defo in the 5000K ballpark so sw50, not sw40. Does anyone know precisely what emiter that can be?

My “BLF Edition” copper A01 is PWM free and doesn’t have next mode memory.

Is it also around 5000K CCT?

No, it’s an earlier model with a gorgeous 219B 4000K with perfect tint. The emitter is very visible from the front and you can easily see whether it’s an 219B or 219C. The A01 Cu product page shows the 219B.

You can look HERE and match up your emitter to see if it is a 219B or 219C.

Yeah, it’s 219B, just around 5000K mark. I just recently discovered it (at the time of buying it I wasn’t that into tintology :wink: )
Got it from BG, with ‘BLF EDITION’ on it (well, at least at the time of the purchase).
That’s how it compares to others. Picture with C01 is on medium and one with PL47 on high. White balance set to 5000K in Lightroom.

this post explains more details

the rundown on the Copper models:
the BLF A01 and the CPFitalia A01 have the good Manker driver
the Old-Lumens A01 and the Astrolux A01 have the bad Astrolux driver

Here is how to recognize the Manker Driver. Pic is a link to more details:

Oops, I was wrong. I just tested mine AGAIN, and it DID exhibit next mode memory. I must have buggered up the “test” last time. My driver looks like the “bad” Astrolux driver in the pic above. :person_facepalming:

Thank you for the information. I thought as a special for BLF the CCT was less of a lottery and I was just ‘unlucky’.

The BLF edition has the Manker driver, with No Next Mode Memory.
The Old Lumens edition has the Astrolux driver with Next Mode Memory

thanks for re-verifying that your Old Lumens Copper A01 light does Not have the Manker Driver and Does have NMM.

one of the links I gave above says the NMM resets after ~3 hours.

Is that Manker driver still avail anywhere nowadays
It’d fit nicely in my grey Astrolux.
Which “I” personally think is the nicest,touchy. Feely.
shining lighty. of any of the baby torches.

not that I can find with google (and note the Manker version is E01, not A01)

maybe try the Pencil Mod

Mine is all the good stuff. BLF/Manker/219B/NIB/no patina/no NMM/no PWM
Nichia gets 1st crack at it.

Richard has some nice AA/AAA driver pulls that might be useable.

Nice! Just what Nichia ordered :slight_smile:
imo, its a very versatile light
it has firefly for nightstand duty, strobe for Urban Jungle crosswalks, plus 2 other useful modes… in the very popular LMH configuration

for those who may not know, the Copper lights are coated…
more info about Patina on the BLF Copper A01

well, yeah, it’s a very low low. butt don’t expect to tailstand it unless you don’t drink at all.

I don’t, but, if you do, use the shotglass to stand the light in :wink:

shotglass, my ass, it’s still hard to tailstand in an old fashioned. :beer: :smiley:

pm sent