WTB triple MT-G2

hi all
I’m interested in buying a triple MT-g2 torch

something compact, with 7000 - 9000 lumen
only on off or off one led, on 3 led on

narrow optic, not wide ( 6 / 8 degrees)

the best would be with magnetic switch, and that can be used for diving…

3x 26650 but I’m open minded about that

thank you

Think it will have to be custom made.

And its not gonna be cheaper then 200$ :slight_smile:

As for as I know, relic38 is the only one to have done a tripple MT-G2. He also posted a build thread on this forum when he made it. It was based on a LusteFire 3XU2-X3. Although I doubt he would sell it, you could always PM him here and ask. Just make sure to offer a whole lot of cash.

As southland has said it with your specs it will have to be custom and will cost a huge amount of wedge even if you do it yourself…

I also have built a triple MT-G2 and the heat issues are enormous if driven well. As a dive lamp should be fine, (mine wasn’t) but for extended use outside of water I will be going down the active cooling route if I ever get back to that project.

LinusHofmann is also doing a triple ’G2 have a read of that thread, well worth the time link

Relic38’s triple build, another good read link

I don’t think you’re going to find a 6-8 degree optic for an mt-g2 in any small reflector or optic. The “coming soon” Ledil Crystal is ~47mm and only gets an XML to 8 degrees. The die is so huge it takes a big, deep reflector to get a tight focus.

Ha! While we're at it, I want a low maintenance, non materialistic, bikini model wife that is happy to cook and clean for me, comes with a fat dowry, faithful, listens to what I say without trying to attach extra meaning to it, and is eager to frequently do something not permissible to mention in this G rated forum.

Hi, I want that too. :smiley:

Clearly, the new year is beginning with great posts! 8)

1200hp, minimum 2G cornering (though more would be better), smooth ride, +40mpg, carbon-carbon brakes, low maintenance costs, and cargo space for construction equipment & roof rack for ladders for daily commute to the jobsite...

Ill take what leaftye and comfy is having. :D

Welcome to the forum didjeridoo. If you are looking for something custom, you would in most cases say goodbye to magnetic ring. Something that is suited for diving is probably not something many modders would do either. Especially not with the average Chinese light most use as hosts. I dont think you will find such a narrow optic suitable for the MT-G2 either.

Old-Lumens loves MT-G2s (among other people), if you take away several features(magnetic ring, diving, narrow optic) you are looking at a light that many could do. Although maybe not with the output you want.

I have not opened up my Solarstorm SP-03 yet, but it could be a nice host (modded to 2s2p) and having 3x modified Drjones drivers.

When that is said, MT-G2s make floody lights no matter what. Especially if you are looking for a "compact" triple.

ok guys, I think I have understood, I asked too much…

thank you for your answers, thank you for the information

I will contact relic38 that it’s seems he have done something similar

I will try to go for a modded LusteFire DV-08 with 3 mt-g2, probably it’s the best option at this time

Have you checked out the Olight SR96 Intimidator ? 4800 lumens! :bigsmile:

I could probably do another LusteFire MT-G2 for $250. Making it dive capable? Not gonna happen. Maybe down to 40cm. Maybe. :smiley:
Getting it up to 7000 lumens is not easy though. I tapped out the stock driver at 4800 lumens OTF. That’s about triple the power it was set for as shipped. Any more and it is driver-smoke territory. I ran mine on a 20 degree C night for 20 minutes with no ‘boom’. Still runs like a champ. One of my favorite lights.
Now, if someone was to scour the Interwebz for an existing triple-XM-L dive light that runs from 3x 26650, we may have a candidate for a 3xMT-G2 dive light mod. Until then, keep it above sea level. :wink:
Edit: LusteFire DV-08? Hmmm…. only 2x 26650 though. Runtimes would sukk

This guy could probably build you one… he made a custom magnetic control ring driver and does really good machine work. If you have to ask how much, you can’t afford it.

really Interesting, it say it uses MR emitters? What are these emitters ?EDIT:my mistake MKR emitters darn spell check on phone.

http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-and-Modules/Products/XLamp/Arrays-Directional/XLamp-MKR

I have several Archon lights and they are above average quality in their price range… although this one isnt cheap:
Archon D100W 10000Lm waterproof flashlight torch. It was primarily designed for underwater videography. Im pretty sure Ive seen it in the low $400’s when on sale. You could always email and ask.

that was a little overwhelming bit of information, so can I ask why if these emitters are so efficient aren’t they used more often in mods?

The same reasons MT-G2 isn't used as often as XM-L2 - bigger, bigger dies so they don't throw as well, higher voltage than many drivers/cell layouts can deal with, expensive, doesn't use a common MCPCB, etc., etc....