Wurkkos FC12 first impressions

Thanks. The hardware is even more a mystery to me than the software. Would be nice if it standardized more so you could load new code on most flashlights.

yes this is a point, we are start talking this project, FC12S (side switch edition of FC12) don’t know if others are interested too :crown:

https://imgur.com/a/18WzNHo

I just got them today and a few observations.

The body is 9.5/10, there are micro blemishes from machining. It’s shiny and it’s looks great. The clip is already installed which means it will most likely leave a mark if you want to adjust the clip. There are two holes at the tail that visually seems to fit the S2+ clip. The S2+ magnet is slightly larger than the hole. The serial number is the same so it’s an extra unnecessary marking on the head. The balance is right at the middle. Without the clip, the grove can be used as cigar grip.

It’s definitely not an EDC. It’s a more substantial FC11. The head and body is larger in diameter, the reflector is deeper than both S2+ and FC11. The momentary tail switch fun and it’s much faster to set the brightness than Anduril. Changing brightness with the S2+ has always been clumsy for me.m as I have to change my hand position to reach the button. In addition, having a dedicated rear on/off means I won’t have trouble finding the on button in darkness.

This is overall a very good beginner flashlight. You get to try many features that’s not found in the Convoy S2+. You have the battery and charge built in so you are ready to go. It’s a flashlight I would gift away.

Seeing that this design might be going away I think it’s worth picking one up before they are discontinued.

Just fine? Didn't need some pressure? Just tried it again and it started to feel like it was going to grind - didn't want to strip the anodizing off the threads.

For the SC31 Pro, it would mean you can't do a mechanical lockout just by loosening the tail. Other than that, it's not just the stripping but the damage on the threads - if it was smooth before, maybe not now? Not sure but usually if I feel some unexpected resistance, I'll stop. Guess that's from past bad experiences with threading, but on cheaper lights mostly.

FC12 is great light.

why are your eu stores empty on amazon ??