Wurkkos TS10 excessive battery drain

The internal resistor is around 35 kOhm. I’d add a 1 kOhm resistor in series at the MCPCB side.

Thanks jon_slider and SammysHP, looks like my estimates were off by an order of magnitude. I hadn’t considered that increasing the resistance would be possible without removing the driver, but it makes sense, as the wires need to go up to the light PCB. I’ve already got that exposed, so I’m possibly well on my way here. . . .

congrats… maybe take a few pictures :wink:

Indeed, but it will take a few days.

I tried the 1/4W resistors I have readily available, much too big. I’ll have to see what I have at my disposal at work next week in terms of 1/10W resistors.

Likely a project for over the Thanksgiving break.

no hurry

good things take time :beer:

My thoughts and work on reducing the aux LED brightness Continued in a new thread

My blue-aux TS10 has been running for around a week with aux on high, the battery is 3.5V

So I think around 10-14 days to drain a cell. Maybe they have changed something, or maybe the “3 days” was an inaccurate estimate.

In any case I don’t care. The point of high aux is to be high. If you want aux which lasts for months then switch to low.

Different color aux lights have different current levels. Red is on the higher end.

Anyone know how long the blinking mode lasts?