Wurkkos TS30S + monster LED SBT90.2 = $60 4750lm 1km SUPER-Thrower. Comparison w/ TS30S Pro & other lights incl. the :-) insane 13000 lm Nightwatch Valkyrie. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

Oohh I like this! Too bad I have so many lights I don’t need already. Lumintop Rattlesnake is hold to turn off, which I personally hate, and so expensive. But this nightwatch is only $70 something. Size is so small so output I’m afraid will die quickly but still… hmmm hmmm hmm :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

62 amps is spec for LED, battery will supply whatever it could, and I think Neal’s Lishen comes closest.

There is a review with run-time on this light I’ll post. Steps down and bottoms out in 1 min, then recovers very quickly, rest of time around 1200 lm in my light with Tmax=60 C. 1200 lm sustained is about as high as I’ve seen in all my budget lights. Meaning it’s excellent.

AFAIK, this, and most Chinese LED lights, because of the large size of the LED will be flooder, NOT thrower like SBT90.2. That beautifully-throwy beam of Wurkkos TS30S won’t be seen here. OTOH PD90S is better for near field, and illuminates larger area.

1 Thank

Seems like the ND25F coupon still works on it, so only $60. :slight_smile:

You’re making this difficult :slightly_smiling_face:. Could you confirm that UI is NOT hold-to-turn-off?

UI is hold for on and off. However i got used to it real quick since that light is bonkers. May be the brightest single led flashlight available.

Ah too bad. I bit anyway, and bought another Lishen “Mystery Battery.”
I used the wrong code from what @elemental posted so only got 15% off. Darn it :slightly_smiling_face:

It sure is an extremely unusual light and I just can’t stand the wait once it’s sold out.

You won’t be disappointed even if you dont like the UI. I got used to it. The oress and hold for on i think os a safety feature. It’s a great host for high powered leds. Lots of thermal mass and good thermal path.

1 Thank

The Super Valkyrie maintains high output a treat longer than the Rattlesnake. It was still pulling 48 amps at 30 seconds on the Lishen cell.

2 Thanks

Beamshots of these 3 extremely fun & INEXPENSIVE lights, Mateminco PD90S and Wurkkos TS30S 1st Gen and Pro, show apart from the crazy output and throw they are actually very different from each other.

Wurkkos TS30S Pro is the classic “throwy” light: distally there is just that intense bright hotspot (subjectively a lot more than even TS30S 1st Gen), surrounding by a fairly dark surrounding. This is the “beautiful” throwy beam that I mentioned. It looks like a light saber in the dark night and makes me feel like I’m Darth Vader killing the bad guys (bugs) with my lethal Wurkkos TS30.

Mateminco PD90S otoh is more floody with large area of illumination. Its incredible floody output is actually better for nearfield exploration than TS30S, for example exploring the forest. It comes close to creating that “wall of light” :exploding_head: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: effect that I love very much in my 15000 lumen monster lights. The high throw number is a reflection of that crazy output, but subjectively I wouldn’t call this a “throwy” beam. Compare the house on top of the hill to see how wide the illumation is.

I mentioned with ultra high output monster lights and super throwers, there are two choices of color rendering, and they are both bad. Here one is green (Wurkkos) and the other (Mateminco) is harsh white-blue.

2 Thanks

Just curious. If ordering the Super Valkyrie … How does it work with the different cells? I see 21700 or 26800. Does it come with two tubes? Or if you get 26800, that is the only cell that will work. Are 26800 cells available? Does anyone know which 26800 comes with it if that option is ordered?

What charger will fit a 26800 cell?

THX

Just got my Super Valkyrie in the mail today (I just got the light without battery). It’s awesome. Testing with a QB26800, it puts out a wall of light comparable to my JKK76-7xSFT40 (but doesn’t throw quite as far). The beam is a super clean white, no real observable rings or tint shift, and has an OP reflector and green AR lens. It comes with a nice 26800-to-21700 adapter tube.

The hold-for-on-and-off is actually tasteful. Most of my hold for off lights I have to sit there holding the button for a second, whereas the hold activates in only a fraction of a second on this light (manual says 300ms). There is a double-click turbo shortcut from off that strangely shuts off with a single click instead of hold-for-off. The double-click threshold takes some practice as it requires quicker clicks than on most other lights I own - that seems like a feature on a light this powerful. It seems to tolerate heat very well for what it is.

Overall, no regrets. This thing is a light cannon.

1 Thank

It works with 21700 and 26800 just fine. I have a couple 26800s with one longer and shorter and both fit. The 21700s fit in the tube with an adapter that works fine with unprotected button or flat tops. You get the most power out of a high drain 21700 but the most ru time on a 26800. I get 55 amps with a Lishen 2170HP and 40 amps with a 26800 i got from Neal a while back. The QB26800 was slightly less powerful at 38 amps.

There’s only one charger available for a 26800 but I can’t remember the name. This light has onboard cherging so you dont need a charger and its PD capable. I got 12v 1.5 amps on mine.

1 Thank

I actually dont mind the hold for on and off. Its a good safety feature on this light and works great. The Turbo activation being touchy forces you to be deliberate about it and that’s another safety feature since this thing will burn stuff.

1 Thank

My Super Valkyrie “baby” is at the airport. My first two orders from Neal arrived extremely quickly, actually faster than else anything I’ve bought from China. Fingers crossed and can hardly wait for this bad boy.

Some more Mateminco PD90S data:
Purple Reflection AR Lens
CCT 6500k
Output:
Nealsgadgets’ Lishen Code=03BCEA2 7400 lm
Molicel P45B 6700 lm
Samsung 30T 6700 lm
Samsung 40T 6300 lm
Wurkkos 5000 mAh 5600 lm
Liitokala 5000 mAh 4700 lm

Once again thanks for the illuminating :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: and extremely interesting discussion. I’ve finally got around to re-reading the explanation and decided to crop the greenish center and white ring to determine if there is a color difference. For the case of TS30S Pro, indeed there is.

https://i.imgur.com/IPYHslz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vw0Guom.jpg

1 Thank

The above post essentially concludes my somewhat stormy relationship with TS30S Pro. :exploding_head: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Test bench is being cleared and prepped since there will be a new sheriff in town,
Nightwatch Super Valkyrie with the craziest of LED SFP55.2L. As of this morning he’s actually on the plane and about to touch down in LA soon! (2023-04-22 15:44 Departed from AIRPORT of Origin)

1 Thank

I will be interested to see your thoughts on the Nightwatch Super Valkyrie.I also have one on the way. I will post thoughts when I get it. Mine is a bit behind yours. What cells are you going to use?
I have also read different things about whether it comes with a 21700 adapter… Let us know when you get yours, please.

Sure yes. It’s actually here in LA. Has cleared custom & left the airport for my city!

I always test with the battery that gives the highest output, so likely would use Neal Mystery Lishen or P45B. But will do some comparison with the Samsung twins 30T and 40T.

This light is supposed to come with another Mystery Lishen, my third. But I always hold my breath when ordering from Neal :man_facepalming: :hugs:. I hope he sends the correct battery.

Hardly any information on this SFP55 LED. Other than 25-die and championship-level output. I don’t even know if SFP55.2L is a name that Neal made up (wouldn’t surprise me :yum:) or real manufacturer’s name.

I found a youtube post where someone tested the LED in a modded Haikelite HK90S, which has three 18650 batteries. His test HERE shows current draw of 43 amps (~140 watts) and output 17000 lm.

And hardly any company has light with this LED, so the Nightwatch at $60 (sale price without battery- use the EXACT code by @elemental posted above) is so very hard for me to resist lol. I do recommend to buy it with the Neal Mystery Lishen battery if you want highest possible output though (just make double and tripple sure w/ Neal that it’s the one being sent). I expect it to be sold out soon enough so don’t hesitate.

1 Thank

Yeah. I didn’t pay attention. If you just search the site for “lishen” 21700, what shows up is NOT what you want. I noticed after the fact and wrote to them asking for the “HP” cells. Never got an answer. I would guess that I am not getting the cells that I want. A shame, because I already have a bunch of 30T, 40T and P45B cells. No need for more run of the mill 21700s. So do your homework and verify before ordering the fancy pink unicorn cells.

1 Thank