【ツ】Wurkkos WK30 Sales Thread

Don’t need a poop light, can smell them a mile away- but, yes, thanks! :+1:

If I ever need to move into an "old folks home" and I can only bring one light with me, the WK30 will be the one I take and I will need it there for sure.

The WK30 is one of my all time favorite lights and impresses everyone who sees it.

I have two of the 395 nm UV lights and if the new one I am waiting for is 365 nm UV (and I can tell the difference between the two) then I will buy a second one of those and give one of the older 395 nm UV lights away. I will keep one 395 UV light to show people the difference from the improved 365 nm UV light.

Thank you Wurkkos and to all those involved with the development and distribution of the WK30.

wow, thank you so much, so glad to hear that :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Got the WK30 from Amazon(US).

As I understand it, Wurkkos WK30 (US stock) has been changed from the 395nm
To the 365nm. Wow. I like that!

Upon looking at the user manual, it however states “Leuva 395nm”.
Bummer.

Hoping the manual is one that needs to be updated.

In the meantime, how does one determine which emitter it is? Confounding.

Wurkkos?

See above, I asked the same question

From Post #13 in another thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/62306/13

From my Post #280 in another thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/57734/280

The 395 nm UV LED in my older WK30 and the newer (and maybe) 365 nm UV LED in my new WK30 visually appear (to me) to be exactly the same physically when inspected under magnification.

So I am also interested in opinions others may have, especially if they have the ability to compare an older WK30 (with 395 nm UV LED) and / or a new WK30 (maybe with 365 nm UV LED) to other UV lights at 395 nm or 365 nm UV.

The Wurkkos WK30 is a unique and special light with either 395 nm or 365 nm UV and I enjoy it very much.

While the post(s) above is a bit reassuring, I would still like to nail the emitter.

Any US currency comparisons?

Gotta say I was horrified at what I thought was a clean toilet, whichever emitter
It is sporting. UV, and I will never see the same again.

To Amazon’s credit, package was delivered a day early, five days, instead of the stated
Six. Go, Amazon!

I was given the order code of the new 365nm UV LED.

LG LEUVA33W70RL00

In the users’ manual (old?), the UV emitter is listed as:
” Leuva33U70UL00 3535 395nm 120° ”

Oh, well 395 nanometers is better than none.

Will have to get one when the 365nm are in US stock? :+1: :beer:

PS USB C is a plus. Si.

Yes, the manual was not updated yet - probably this update was considered as a "silent relaunch". I will soon update the manual accordingly and host it on my sharepoint. However, the printed manual supplied with revision 2.0 will still show 395nm.

Hi all.
Got mine from 365 outdoor products via amazon yesterday. Im sure i got the 365 emitter because it has no hint of purple whatsoever. Just a dull bluish white glow that seems to show everything including some cleaners that have whitening agents. a little googling says the dull bluish white is the 365 nm emitter .

Whichever version it is, a shout out to L-P for his goodwill, and efforts.
It is a fun light. :+1: :beer:

Almost a tri-fecta!

Gotta try the hunnert trick (once I collect enuf chump change to get a C-note).

Mark was so kind to give me some codes for the WK30 groupbuy again. :BEER:

Please check the OP to get your 15% discount if you want to buy the new revision with 365nm UV LED.

Update:

I have updated the user manual (English/German) accordingly - please see post #2.

It now contains information both for revision 2019 (395nm UV LED) and for revision 2020 (365nm UV LED).

I also suggested Wurkkos to put a small sticker on the box, saying "new revision". So, people will know they bought the new version and extra costs for packaging can be kept as low a possible.

Ordered … Many thanks for the discount. Big Wurkkos fan here … :slight_smile:

Has anybody inspected the 365 nm UV LED on their new WK30 to verify if the LED looks like the picture of the newer 365 nm UV LED posted by Lux-Perpetua?

None of the UV LEDs in my four WK30 look like that picture.

I purchased all four WK30 on Amazon US from a seller named "365 outdoor product".

I received the first two in different weeks of May so expected them to have older 395 nm UV.

I received the second two on different days this week and they should have had the newer 365 nm UV.

The WK30 was out of stock before I purchased my second two, so I was hoping the new stock would have had the newer 365 nm UV LED but it is my belief that the two new WK30 lights delivered to me this week by Amazon do not have the newer 365 nm UV LED.

Under 10x magnification, the UV LEDs in all four of my WK30 look identical and look like the picture of the older 395 nm UV LED shown on the first page of this link:

https://datasheet.octopart.com/LEUVA33U70UL00-LG-Innotek-datasheet-62290565.pdf

In ASCII representation, my LEDs look like this |V| except the sides slope out like this \ / and the V is smaller like this v and the bottom of the v does not touch the bottom line.

Visual inspection at 10x magnification may be the easiest way to tell the 365 and 395 nm UV LEDs apart.

Just shined the old one and the new one on “UV high” into the bathroom sink and toilet wearing safety glasses. The old one made everything look purple and the new one made it look an orange tan. If that does not help, tomorrow i will try looking at the LEDs through my 10x microscope ocular lens eyepiece if I get a chance. It is a compound unit, so that is the best I can do.
Let me know if that would help.

Yes, I would be interested if you can inspect the UV LEDs in your lights to determine if they look different under magnification. Thank you.

You do not need to take anything apart, just looking at the UV LED through the lens with some magnification should show the pattern on the LED which should be different enough based on the pictures I have seen to distinguish between the 365 nm and 395 nm UV LEDs from LG.

Picture of 365 nm UV LG LED, LEUVA33W70RL00, that can be zoomed to enlarge the details:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951600559.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=9760820159&albag=99451607003&trgt=894486322073&crea=en32951600559&netw=u&device=c&albpg=894486322073&albpd=en32951600559&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIufyL_NWO6gIV4iCtBh2ARwZzEAQYAyABEgK_qPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Short video showing different tints from LG LEDs at 365, 385, 395, and 405 nm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtfEhgZnvDk

Thanks Lux-Perpetua for the updated GB. Had looked at this light a while ago and decided it was time to pull the trigger.

Correction…. my new one looks like your description with the V and the 395 link you posted. My old one is plain with 41 holes, like pin pricks (five rows of five alternating with four rows of four).

I bought one from Amazon US. It appears to have the new 365nm UV emitter. But the red and UV emitters on the one I received are horribly off center. At least the white one looks a little better. Poor QC? Or design flaw? I’ve seen other photos that don’t look as bad. It does cause artifacts in the red beam. There is a dark arc on one side of the hot spot. Hard to tell on UV though.