【ツ】Wurkkos WK30 Sales Thread

Thanks Lux-Perpetua for the updated GB. Had looked at this light a while ago and decided it was time to pull the trigger.

Correction…. my new one looks like your description with the V and the 395 link you posted. My old one is plain with 41 holes, like pin pricks (five rows of five alternating with four rows of four).

I bought one from Amazon US. It appears to have the new 365nm UV emitter. But the red and UV emitters on the one I received are horribly off center. At least the white one looks a little better. Poor QC? Or design flaw? I’ve seen other photos that don’t look as bad. It does cause artifacts in the red beam. There is a dark arc on one side of the hot spot. Hard to tell on UV though.

Eww, how’d that happen?

I know it will not soothe your pain but one of my two samples (first batch with 395nm UV LED) looks the same way and I also have quite some artifacts on the red beam when turning the light against a white wall. However, outside in the night these artifacts would not become that much visible to the naked eye. It's somehow interesting that in most cases that came to my attention, it's the XP-E2 red LED that is very much off center.

I suggested Wurkkos/Sofirn to improve the correct focusing/alignment of all LEDs in this triple reflector. They answered that it is technically not possible for them to use a centering ring / gasket without completely redesigning the entire flashlight. I assume the reflector is more or less in direct (yet insulated) contact to the MCPCB, so there's no room to put a gasket in between. Subsequently, there's a higher potential that some samples of WK30 will not have the best focusing. Since WK30 appears to be quite successful, maybe it's worthwhile for Sofirn/Wurkkos to redesign the head unit and not only use gaskets for optimal centering but also use a new reflector that takes advantage of the full head diameter.

Anyway, I will let Mark (Wurkkos) know about the issue with your sample and maybe he can offer you a quick solution.

Thanks for checking your light to see how it compared to the description of my UV LED, but based on recent information I have seen from others on this forum:

1) I believe yours, mine, and others with the newest WK30 lights do have 365 nm UV LEDs.

The thread linked below compares the 365 and 395 nm UV LEDs and has pictures which can be zoomed into which visually show the differences between the 365 and 395 nm UV LED used in the WK30.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/62478

2) Perhaps Lux-Perpetua could check with Wurkkos because the new 365 nm UV LED does not look like the LG LEUVA33W70RL00 and perhaps some other 365 nm UV LED from LG is being used instead.

The bezel can be loosened with a strap wrench. maybe you could realign them yourself?

Speaking of which, I’d like to have a real SS bezel

Ordered this light from Amazon US on Sunday 6/21. Didn’t know about the group buy so paid full price - oh well. Delivery was to be on Wednesday 6/24.

Today, Tuesday 6/23, delivery is still set for 6/24 but the light hasn’t shipped yet. Went to the product page from my order and… there is no product page. Same result using the link from this thread - “Sorry we couldn’t find that page”.

There were 17 in stock when I ordered, 16 in stock afterward.

Anybody know what’s going on with this light? I order a wide range of items frequently from Amazon and haven’t had this problem with anything else.

That's strange indeed. I just checked the link for Amazon US and yes, it leads to nowhere right now. Maybe Amazon is doing some maintenance on their webshop or there's a technical problem. Looking for "wurkkos" as search term showed nothing unusual as the other lights for sale showed up. Let's try to check the link again by tomorrow. If it's still not working I will keep Mark informed about the issue.

Excellent post, thanks.

Hi all.
my wurkkos 5000mah 26650 that came with my wk30 just tested at 5568 mah on my opus 3100. All my 30Q test at 2900-3000mah and all my vtc6 tests at rigth around 3000mah so I know it doesnt test “hi”. COOL!

The product page at Amazon is still off-line, but my order shipped late yesterday afternoon and UPS says it’s out for delivery today. Fast work by Amazon/UPS.

Good to hear that Amazon at least sent out your order. I cannot reach Mark right now. Please note that there's Duanwu Vacation in China this week, so we will need to wait until next week.

If possible could you also please verify to confirm which 365 nm UV LED is being used in the newest WK30.

Pictures on this forum of the 365 nm UV LED in the newest WK30 lights being received (including the ones I received from Amazon US) do not look like the LEUVA33W70RL00 shown below and listed in the newest online WK30 User Manual :

( https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/62478 shows some pictures of the newest WK30 lights received by forum members.)

The LEUVA33W70RL00 should look like this (which is not what the UV LED looks like in the newest WK30):

NOTE: maybe the LEUVA33W70RL00 does not actually look like the picture above but I am curious.

The UV LEDs in the newest WK30 look more like the LEUVA35T01RL01 shown below:

https://www.china.cn/qtleddengzhu/4411647856.html

Mine just showed up today from Amazon US. Ordered 6/20 arrived 6/25.
LED’s on mine all appear centered.

Yep, the un-centered one I received looked like the bottom one (LEUVA35T01RL01). Any idea what the major differences are between these UV emitters. They are both LG 365nm, correct?

Looks like the newest one (LEUVA33W70RL00) has a bigger die, slightly more output, and a lower Vf.

sorry to hear that , the factory replied because of the structure limited , this 3 emitter lamp is hard to avoid a off-center, but the very off ones, they will take out, would you mind PM me more details about it?

Alright, WK30 is available on Amazon US again. Please check the new link and code. OP is updated.

Thank you for the groupbuy. Who is the authorized seller on Amazon?