X-ML de-doming method with 100% success?

How can you even touch it with your fingernail if it’s been heated with 4.9 amps? Mine ran at around 3 amps, and it burned my finger.

Wow you better be wearing welding goggles when doing that!

Andi has got the “iron fingernails” :bigsmile:

We make the torch on for 10 minutes,then out to dedome the XM-L.

At our first test,we heat it one time.

Maybe it is working better,heat it two times .

But I dont no-The testmaterial is gone…

Xandre

I don’t see how allowing the LED to cool then heating up again would make it any easier to de-dome, but you never know, its worth a try. Best of luck with that, it would be interesting to see your success rate.

We make the light out,because you do not see anything ,@ 4,9A. :wink:

With fingernail it is going very easy.
But it needs a little time and patience.

Maybe in this time,it is to cold for a good result.

Thats why we want to test another heating.

Xandre

I just ruined my other Small Sun ZY-T13. It’s my own fault. I had it and did it too damn close I guess and it went caput. Oh well.

That’s about $50 this damn thread has cost me. Oh well I’ll just pitch this one and replace it with a Sky Ray STL-V2 for about $35 shipped.

I'm confused why you can't just drop in a new emitter for 4$..

it's 2 wires

I am not very good at soldering. I just pitched it.

Come on it's 2 wires ... an emitter swap isn't even a mod .. You can do it ..

ILFL, you did not really literally throw TWO T13 away did you?

Coz I'm pretty sure a lot of members can help with the repairs. As boaz said, emitter swap is quite simple. Or, maybe send to E for emitter + custom smoking 3.5A driver swap? You'll get a close-to-T40CS performance probably with that. I'm just saying.

Yeppers.

Oh well.

Or sell them as defect.. but I second the recommendation of modding it, go go gadget solder iron!

Take it to a C.B. radio tech they will do it in 3 minutes . and charge you 10$ for both lights ,,,hell bring them drivers too .

Any stupid truck stop has a bad radio tech bored out of his mind waiting for a trucker to bring him a C.B. radio . Bring him something interesting instead and make him a new flashaholic too .

Go recruiting !

Dude! Dig it out of the garbage and ship it (or both) to me. I will pay for the shipping. I can’t believe you would literally toss them without offering them to your brothers here first.

:O

I just dedomed my UF 2100, I tore open a gillette razor since those blades are super thin, cut about .8 mm from the phosphor, just a push cut since that blade is omfg sharp, got 2 small nicks just handling it, the result is awesome, no tint shift or decrease in brightness that I can detect and the hotspot is now more concentrated

Thank you for the tip!

AlexGT

Well I now have screwed up 5 lights total. I will repeat do not dedome a Jacob A60. It will be nothing more than a pencil. All my lights have been spoke for.

Nice! That’s the UF 2100 modded with Regina reflector right? If so what would you estimate the throw is now sitting at compared to your other lights?

My dedoming days are now over. I’m done messing up trying to get too close.

5 lights?? what went wrong man? It was mentioned earlier in this thread that you should expect a needle thin beam after de-doming the Jacob A60