XM-L EZW T5 warm white for 4.92$ at GoodLuckBuy

sorry, still haven't had time. dx did ship 2 of the drivers mentioned a couple weeks ago though. maybe first week of june...

Compared to XM-L T6 they need 50% more power for the same amount of light, the colour is warm white (the same colour as warm white LED bulbs).

Compared at 0.33A to four XP-E Q3 warm white - almost the same. Perhaps a little less light, a little warmer.

These are 12V (who said 6V?).

I don't care for the donut hole in that photo.

Received two of these today and I like what I see. 11.7v at 700mA and 11.5v at 450mA. Due to how easy these are to drive at 700mA-1A (3A drivers are a pain to come by reliably, cheap), I may pick up a few more.

Are their any cool white versions?

Mine appeared to be around 3000K. EZW XM-L only go up to 4000K so they are neutral at best. These are listed as T5, which appears to be correct. My 2700K CFL is a little warmer than this emitter.

The problem I have now is a driver. I can't seem to find a linear driver that will give me a clean cut-over to deregulation at around 12v. Does anything even exist which wouldn't throw half a volt more at the emitter as the input approaches the LED's needs, at more than the 7135's 6v max?

Edit: So the MR16 drivers at DX run excellent in pretty much all car scenarios. The light output starts to drop from 700mA (higher output makes the drivers start to bake) at about 11.8V input and 350mA is reached at 11.2V input. I removed the rectifier diodes from the drivers. 350mA is still TONS of light and more useful for less ventilated areas (. One emitter at 350mA makes a car's stock interior/map lights appear to do nothing when the LED is on. Ordered 22 more emitters as the XML EZW and cheap drivers make an awesome cheap pair for white automotive lighting. $6 for a working 350mA or 700mA setup, depending on your heatsinking capabilities, plus an above-standard CRI. Also, mine may be a bit more neutral than 3000K. Some 3000K bulbs I have are still yellower than these emitters.

50C star temp on a small 40x40x10mm aluminum heatsink in a 20C ambient room at 350mA, 63C at 700mA. In both cases, the driver chip itself is not warm to the touch with this emitter. 90% efficiency at 12v and 91% efficiency at 14.4v.

No. From what I read, they can supply 30W (not from 12V, at 12V this led does not need any driver).

Not 6$, I ordered a driver for 2.20.

I have 40 of these drivers. 700mA, they are usually around 140 Fahrenheit and surprisingly, run cooler at closer to 14V rather than 10 and under. Most of my testing has been with three XM-L emitters in series with a bench power supply between 10-14V. With an 83mOhm sense resistor, the drivers bake at 250+ Fahrenheit. At 350mA with the EasyWhites, the driver doesn't even really change from room temperature.

At 12v, this LED DOES still need a driver. 11.8V, my emitter is already consuming 1.3A. There is still a bit of light to be gained up there (from looking at the difference of 1A to 1.3A), but I have no idea what 12v would force the Easy Whites to push out. Plus, 12v is not usually 12v, unless you have very good regulation. For example, your 12v adapters you find with products will many times put out closer to 12.5V, at least at lower currents.

Edit:

Also, it is $6.06 total for quantities of the emitter/LED pairs. $1.49 for each driver in 10+ quantities and $4.57 for each emitter in 20+ quantities. I have use for 18 of the emitters in my vehicle. Some may be a bit difficult to fabricate into place though.