Xmas gifts time - looking for decent flashlight to buy in bulk(ish) quantity

The only light meeting those criteria i have come across and feel comfortable giving a non flashaholic is the Klarus P1A, but it costs more then double your price range,

These AAA stainless steel beauties seem to make everyone happy.

I second the Stainless AAA above—very nice for $6
I bought 13 so far.
Just not too grippy.

Was going to buy more of the Cofly 2AA lights from another deal thread—but it is apparantly no longer in production.

That AAA is slick :slight_smile: it sure ticks quite a few boxes and has classy enough looks that non-flashaholics could want to really carry it.

Will wait for other suggestions, but that’s a good one. Thank you!

Hugsby AAA lights

Those Hugsbys look good too. Sort of the same thing, but in black “tactical” mood. :slight_smile:

Sipik clone from tomtop on eBay.

Hmmm… what if I raised the bar to, say, 15$?

Good Day Chenko,

I suggest You look at these for U$12.99 (XM-L2 & Choice of Cool White or Neutral White):

SolarStorm SC01 XM-L2 T6-3C/U2-1A LED Flashlight

Best Regards,

George

Hi George, that is a good suggestion, but I already have some of those (bought at a lower price than that). The light is OK but the UI is meh and certainly not friendly for newbies

I have gifted several Solarforce Z1 (CR123) and Z2 (AA) flashlights to friends and family. The only downside to the Z2 is a bit of audible PWM in medium mode but otherwise everyone has been really happy with them. I don’t think they even notice the PWM, but I notice it of course. The Z1 doesn’t have that issue but eats through CR123s on high.

I like these small AA zoomies(reference number3). Small and neat, everyone was happy so far.

10 pieces cost with BLF coupon 29.81$ At banggood…

I also gifted bigger lights but they see rarely use, these small ones find their way in a handbag or make kids happy…

Have you checked this thread:

Solastorm SC series have horrible PWM on lower modes. Also there quite few people reporting the light fail after some time.

Brinyte ED30 might be an option. Although the review say that it has slow PWM on low modes as well but overall quality seems to be good and it can take both 1AA or 2AA.

Yep, I purchased and gifted a SC01 for a friend and the driver died after about three-four months. Nice little light for non-Li-ion users while it lasted... :|

Tank007 EO9
If you buy 5+ they cost $12.22 ea.
Everyone I show one to wants one for themselves.
It even comes in a “purdy box”
I think I’ve ordered 12 plus a few at a time and only have one for myself.

I know this falls into the category of “not what op requested”, and indeed, being in Italy he might not be able to get them, but I ordered a small stack of Trustfire Mini-01’s from Fasttech for Chistmas gifts. Stainless steel, CR123, 250ish+ lumens, no mode memory, and a low that’s actually low compared to high. $12 and change each, and Fasttech will insulate and insert the CR123 each of them comes with into the light for shipping.

I’m not a stainless fan, too heavy for my pocket shared with coins and a Gerber Sportsman.

My EDC is the Olight i3s, just works for me, but more than your budget closer to $18 when I bought mine.

I would not gift everybody the same light. Some best served by a quality coin squeezer like Inova or less than a buck clone.

Factor in either NiMH cell (and charger if needed) or Energizer Lithium primary — neither of those is likely to corrode inside the flashlight.
I’ve noticed non-flashaholics get corrosion way more often, as they leave their flashlight lying around for months on end and only use it when they need to.

And a LED light can still be nice and bright while the corrosion has already spread inside, unlike the old incandescents that got ugly and orange both inside and outside at about the same time.

Providing NiMh batteries and charger to everyone is out of question. At the most, I’m providing a couple of Alkaline batteries, or (if I find a deal) a couple of lithium primaries. Heck! :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought:

• some Hugsby XP1
  • some Hugsby XP2
  • some Singfire SF-348 (CGQ S1 clone)

So I will give the right kind of flashlight to everyone: I know some would prefer small and powerful, some would like a full-size pen light better, and some would love the classy look of the polished stainless steel.

Everyone will be happy, Budget Light Forum saved the day… and Xmas! :smiley: