XML2 T4 and T3 mounted on 16mm base?

In the dealer thread there was a link that lead me to a listing (from an apparently previously banned seller) of the following emitters that are mounted on a 16m base:

-XML2 natural white T3 6A1 3500-3700K
-XML2 warm white T4 7A3 3000-3200K

The XM-L T4 7A I recently got from FT was pretty nice and I’d like to try more in that wave length. However I have not seen reference to the XM-L2’s that are mounted on a base in this forum, or listed as available for DIY at the popular sellers like IOS, or FT.

So I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience with these, or are they simply vapour ware?

What about a little lower and a lot more CRI? Illumination Supply has 2900k 90+CRI XM-L2. They're not mounted, but I would hope that becomes an option soon with their new copper stars.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had noticed those, but as I am in Canada the new USPS rates make buying from the US prohibitive, and I have not developed any reflow skills yet.

Re-flowing is very easy.
This is my way of doing it.
Check my signature if you are interested in mounted WW XM-L2s.

Thanks for that. I’m thinking it’s inevitable to give it a try as it seems to offer a greater range of choices without having to wait for them on a mount.