XP-L hi and MNT 17DDm driver problem

I recently assembled 4 triple flashlights. I used the xp-l hi triple that I bought from mountain electronics (here) for all four and I used the blf x6 driver on two of them and the MNT 17DDm driver (here). Both drivers use the bistro firmware.

The issue that I have, is when the batteries are fully charged (batteries used: protected panasonic NCR18650B and unprotected LG HG2) and I switch to turbo mode, the turbo immediately shuts down and switches to moonlight mode (or I guess the lowest mode if I don’t have the moonlight mode on).

All 4 flashlight have the same behavior, so I guess it is not something that it is defective.

Is that normal with the led driver combo?
Is it the batteries?
Why is this happening?

Any help would be very helpful, because I am lost here.

I also sent a message to mnt electronics, and I hope they answer this time.

Solution: What did you mod today? - #2183 by djozz

Thanks a lot for the reply. So a 10 ohm resistance would do the trick? I saw a video on youtube someone uses a 4.7 ohm. Any recommendations?

Also, the problem is that the battteries are not high drain?

4.7 Ohm will work too.
Unprotected battery, even low drain would work on turbo.
Do not use protected cells with that driver board.
Mike

So the LG HG2, should work?

Yes.
Mike

That is weird then. I will try to find some other battery to try it with, because since this happens will all four it might be the battery.

An update: The mnt 17DDm driver works fine with the LG HG2, the blf x6 doesn’t. Has someone tried blf x6 with the LG HG2 and a triple led?

MNT driver have updated code and no turbo issues.
In x6 driver you have to change firmware or use solution with smt resistor.
Mike

Thank you very much Mike, you ’ve been very helpful. Of to find a 10.0 Ω smd resistance then.

Vasilis