XP-L2

I am in the middle of torture testing one of the XP-L2’s at the moment, took a break for dinner.

A sneak peak though. Already at 10 Amps and the highest numbers I have ever seen from a single die LED, VERY impressed so far.

The question is, do I keep pressing it even though I have reached a 4.2V VF until it pops or do I whimp out and call it quits?

:smiling_imp:

Really? How many lumens?
The SST90 can do 4000+ from a single die

Well I said that I had ever seen, as in that I have ever had on my sphere. :wink:

When you drive it at double the current…

Well yeah, you obviously don’t get lumens for free… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, Just posted the XP-L2 test from today:

I gave it over 15 amps but it still lived! It was hurt but still lit up. At over 70W of power it literally cooked the dome right off. This is one way to dedome them I suppose!

I am amazed at just how much power this thing can handle. It didn’t even peak until 10A!

From a cold start it made 2450 lumens @ 10A! Hot it was 2280 lumens!

Remember this is only a V5, they have V6 and maybe even W2’s on the way that could net an honest 2500 lumens from a single die LED!

Be sure to check out that thread, I want to standardize my test setup before I release anymore LED tests.

so dont try to build a triple convoy with DD ,it might meld in your hand :slight_smile:

XP-L -> one of the easiest dedomings for me, I remove transparent dome and leave the white stuff around the emitter die, it doesn’t affect the beam since its flush with the die.
XM-L/2 -> moderately easy/hard, needs cleaning, I spend 10-20 minutes cleaning dome residue around the emitter die
XP-G/2 -> similar as XM-L2 but more painful because everything is smaller
XP-E2 -> this one is hardest to dedome for me, dome never lifts properly from the die and I always get silicone residue on the die, real pain in the but this one…

Exactly the opposite for me :stuck_out_tongue:

I can dedome xp-g/xp-g2/xm-l/xm-l2/xp-e2 but not xp-l … I can’t get all the silicone off the die .

Hm strange, Sirius obviously has some wierd technique that doesnt touch the while sillicone

I was never able to do it like that,yet my cores are quite clean, XPL ones

sirius, do you use medical benzin for that?

P.S before americans start wondering its known as petroleum ether in US- pay attention its quite unstable, cause its boiling point is arround 45deg C

Have to try it though….before they were selling it freely here, now its gone

Exactly that, quite expensive stuff but 100 milliliters is enough for 10-15 emitters, evaporates like crazy, doesn’t leave residue or smell, washing emitter with alcohol is not needed, can only be bought at drugstores…
0 cleaning for XPL leds is needed, just remove the dome and it’s done.

10x.

Ofc the cleaning isnt needed, its as pure are a pure ethanol, you can treat your wounds with it, i have 50ml of it mixed with I in my hunter emergency kit…spendy stuff though

I used some of it several years ago to clean my diesel car duses :slight_smile: They wanted 1.5k euros for that procedure in the local Toyota service…wierd ppl.

How much time it needs in there (to dedome) ?

Sorry I forgot about this question, I usually do a cold dedome, I leave emitter in for about 24hrs but lately I started using Mitko-s hot dedome, I heat up “benzine” at about 50-55 degrees Celsius and leave te emitter in for about 45minutes, in that time silicone dome just starts to lift and it’s easy to physically remove it, that’s have I done XPL-s, I was actually surprised how easy it was.

W2 hot dedome with a mixture or petrols

BLF kitchen recipe: how to cook emitters :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve used straight gas and hot dedome on XP-G2, XM-L2, and XP-E2, but fail miserably on XP-Ls.

How about one of you fellas sell me a dedomed XP-L W2 on a 20mm noctigon…since my reflow skills are a little suckish too… :person_facepalming:

I got 9.3A from an XP-L2 V6 3B on KD DTP board in a Convoy C8 host with TA driver and bypassed springs.

Thanks for the report. Did you happen to measure beam intensity?