XPL-HI Leds on Zoomies: are they worthy?

So, I have a zoomable flashlight (Odepro KL52) that provides a nice throw when fully zoomed!
However, the Cold White tint of the XML2 is not as good as I would like in order to use it more often.

I have some spare XPL-HI leds (in Neutral white) and I was thinking to swap on in that light (along with a change of driver).

But I have a doubt if XPL-HI leds work well under those lens!
Does any one have any example or input on this?

Last case scenario, I put a XPL2 or a XPL V6 that I have around…

Thanks in advance for the answers!
:+1:

A neutral XP-L HI should be nice, I don’t have that particular light but have modded a UF-10 with an XP-L HI, then a Nichia 319A

HI or dedomed LEDs always work better for throw regardless of what type of flashlight it is.

All of my zoomies have XPL HI or dedomed SST40 in them. XPL HI works great… much more throw than regular XPL or XPG2.

Compared to a dedomed XPG2 XPL HI has:

• much brighter close-range flood mode
  • Similar throw, but with much better tint (no green)

I consider XPL HI one of the best emitter choices for zoomies.

+1

I tried both XP-L HI and dedomed XP-L HD in zoomies and the latter has greater intensity but unpredictable tint…

FWIW when I get my hands on a zooming it always gets XPL HI.

Thank you so much for your answers, mates :slight_smile:
I really had no idea if that would be a “good idea”, but now I’m more sure I will put a XPL-HI (probably U6-3A, NW tint) on that flashlight!
I gotta get a driver for it, probably biscotti as I will need it only with regular modes!!

Thank you all :wink: And have a nice sunday :sunglasses:

I will receive Brinyte B158 in a couple weeks. Do you recommend to put in xpl hi rather than dedomed xpg2 S4?

I just put a de-domed XPG2 in my cometa it throws awesome and I prefer the die when it’s fully zoomed out compared to a XPLHI. It throws further than my L2.
The B158 (KL52) now come stock with a XPLHI.
You could also keep the stock xml2 and de-dome it. It’s does a good job stock once de-domed it should do around 100+kcd.