Xtar 18700 2600MAH Batteries

got 2 pair of them, also because of al the recommendations. Do not have the skills/equipment to check these myself, but they work great :)

Not only, 2400 2200 and even 1800 versions are all pretty decent. A 1800mAh one works splendidly even with an XM-L but it is most used in my zoomies. 2h runtime for a bike. :)

I have mostly 2400's an some 2600 and have not much preference over which one i use regularly. The 2600 is sanyo based so get these for the extra peice of mind.

For the price Serena offered those there are actually no other that can match them in any aspect if quality and perfomance are looked for.

I have also got rid of all the other random cells i had. XD

you don't need the equipment,just look at the battery tests done by OLD and others.

I think this is fairly common. I was really happy with all my cheap batteries till I bought some higher end ones. It seems like the 2400 versions in the Xtar tested as well as the 2600's ??

How do you buy these?

See this thread. PM Serena to see if she'll still let you in on the deal.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72497

It's been 14 days since I ordered my pair (sept 9). I can almost feel the cells in my hand...

Can't wait!

priced close to same , how do solarforce cells fair against xtar ?

Well the experts say that the Xtar 18700 2600MAH for the price have no equal. Now there are said to be some cells very close like the Hi-Max. I have some of them coming too. But I hear that these Xtar batteries are very close to capacity ratings and they take a charge and hold a charge as good as any battery out there including ones that cost even more. When you stop to think about it, for what you would pay say $10 for a pair of Trustfire Flames you might as well spend $3.50 more and get a better qaulity battery that is said to be one of the safest batteries on the market. I plan on buying more.

She will (she did for me after 1 month after the deal deadline and some even 1,5 months), she must have sold 100's of batteries already via this forum I think...

Got my two some time ago. They work very well with Xtar WP2 II :)

Very nice to have them in my worklight.

Actually all my Hi-Max batteries have been higher capacity than all my Xtars. However just because one is higher capacity does not necessarily mean one is better than the other.

To fully compare them you really need to start looking at the PCB's. Jacket materials, and lifespan. I think in the end you would be hard pressed to say one is a clear winner. They both seem to be a great value.

Your right. Both cost about the same for a pair.

spottie -

I think the Solarforce protected 2400 are pretty good but I like the Xtar better. It may seem insignificant but the wrap is important to me and something I don't like about the SF 2400s.

I have a Solarforce 2400 where the bottom split and eventually came off, making it unusuable.

onelessbatteryFoy

I lost a Solarforce battery in the same manner. The wrap appears to be a bit brittle.

I will admit that the Xtars have the best wrap out of the batteries I have including the Hi-Max, Trustfire flames and the Ultrafire greys.

I just bought another pair of the Xtar batteries from Serena. Man I like these batteries. Thanks again Serena.

I bought a pair of these for use in a 2x18650 light. They work fine, but the voltages trouble me. Fresh off the charger, they measure 4.15 V and 4.23 V. And one cell finishes charging significantly sooner than the other.

The same charger, with three AW cells, produces voltages: 4.20, 4.21, 4.21.

I asked Serena at szws about the voltages, and she asked their engineer, who said that 4.20 +/- 0.05 V is fine. Maybe the individual cells are fine, but in series... I don't want to risk it. So I put the Xtar cells in two 1x18650 lights, and took the older AW cells out of those lights and am using them in the 2x18650 light. These older AW cells were bought together, and come off the charger at similar voltages.

I, too, can feel the brittle wrap on the bottom of the Solarforce batteries. I never thought much about it but I always noticed it when handling them. Now after reading this read I'm a bit concerned, but still not worried. I only have one and it's my first 18650 cell because an L2 from Solarforce-sales was my first 18650 flashlight purchase :)

It really depends on the charger. All my 3 chargers i can't say what is the exact termination voltage. Coz if you resit the cell a couple of times, the cell (below 4.2V) would start to recharge again and get topped off. Sometimes you may need to do this twice or thrice. The most accurate one is my hobby charger...usually stops at 4.19V.