Xtar H2 Headlamp Review - Pics added - ONLY $23.59 at Gearbest

No sir, no pwm at all to my eyes :)

Great, then it looks like a couple of more will be heading my way!

Just bumping this for all to see. This IS a good headlamp :)

Question for you, what diameter is the lens roughly? I am wondering if there are any optics that would fit instead of the reflector?

Without using a caliper...17mm.

I will bring my calipers home tomorrow (hopefully I will remember :) ) and try to take it apart again to measure the reflector etc. :)

Bump

I am wondering what the problem here is? This seems like such a good light, yet the offer of a sub $25 quality headlamp shipped to your door has minimal takers….

Is it the group buys? Is it the vendor? Come on people…

I have a couple on the way and will chime in here if the offer is still going on…

I dont understand, why H1 isnt in stock.

Thanks for review, btw. If not for battery type, Id get one!

From what I understand H1 is going bye-bye. That is why H3.

I agree with RemanG's comments. Seems like because this is light 16340 and that Gearbest is selling it nobody wants it. This light has equal runtimes of the 18650 lights but at a lower lumen rate but even 330 is ample for many if not most AND is extremely light.

What quality headlamp can be bought for less than $24?? The other cheapies are just dangerous IMHO - no LVP, etc.

Next year Simon from Convoy will work on a headlamp but until then there is NO other good headlamp at this price anywhere.

There was Fenix HL23 around 23$, I think, month-two ago, also from GB.

But that gives half the brightness and was taken down because of MAP.

Any good optics fit this? I don’t NEED this, but awfully tempting…

I have no idea but it really it is good as it is :)

Any coupon for the h1?

No

I did not see the H1 on the Gearbest site.

I think this headlamp is a sleeper…

DQG is also working on a headlamp, for next year….

I would but I have one already....

H1 seems to be out of stock anywhere I looked.

Except for Ebay and Xtars own web page, if Im not mistaken.

But on Ebay and Xtardirect the sale price for the H1 and the H2 is $50.

Thanks for the review Bugsy36 :slight_smile:
Really like what I’m seeing, but will not buy it. …I think…
In my case, it is because of the battery format. Have lots of 18650’s and a number of 14500’s.
Just feels unnecessary to start buying yet another battery format just for this light. Would probably think differently about this headlamp if i was already invested in these batteries.

Really wish it used 14500’s. Like the specs, seems good balanced between runtime, lumen output and price.

Oh and yes. All the group buys going on makes investing more money a bit less appealing.

Will keep this light in mind though, in case I change my mind about the batteries :slight_smile:

Thanks again.