Yes, There is a XM-L2 U3

LOL! :slight_smile:

Just received my C12 XML2 U3, it is brighter than my C8 XML2 U2 but it get hot really fast and the color seem strangely warmer (beam is slightly different but the reflector is the same size) while it was claimed to be 7000k (!?).

I don’t think its a real U3 but its really bright ! Strangely I’m disappoint it is not a cooler light color.

Wow that’s really interesting information. Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

If I had multimeter and luxmeter I could have maybe tell if its really U3 flux bin. :bigsmile:

Too hot to handle? Wonder if C8 XML2 U3 also gets hot.
Thanks for feedback.

Do anyone have the same problem? I doesn’t get me the flux section to choose from.
It is locking up.

can you post some beamshots of that new C12 XM-L2 U3?

http://dx.com/p/20mm-10w-1000lm-8500k-cree-xm-l2-cool-white-emitter-board-module-for-flashlight-white-235039

Wow, I was just looking at the K , whoa 20mm 10W 1000lm 8300K could be bluish, purplish…

Just think about those that have not been honest about the bin, no serious dealer has U3 but apparently the cheapest players have the latest tech, Ultrafire and DX.

Armytek has them.

Cutter offers them, actually they never had them in stock, probably Armytek bought all of them in matter of hours, and they had 150pcs flashlights using them for sale, that sounds more like sample rather than a full 1000pcs sealed reel. After that UF started offering U3 and a seller even came up with a fake label no doubt about it.

I read a customer writing this on Armytechs site:

Just received the Armytek Barracuda featuring the Cree XM-L2 U3 LED. This flashlight is awesome, throws really far and is extremely bright. I'm looking forward to Armytek incorporating the XM-L2 U3 LED in their other flashlights. -

But on the sales page of the Baracuda flashlight it says:

• Cree XM-L2 U2 LED

So they got 150 U3s and then went back to U2??

I believe.

It is not a question of existing in CREE's testing facilitirs or not, it is the fact that there have been reposrts of U2 being T6 in fact. Do tou really think no serious LED dealer would flood the market with them right now.

Now if in 2 weeks someone serious does show up with U3s for sale that does not validate that DX and UF have the real thing.

They can browse the same pages like us, actually they do since they actually have a business that involves LEDs.

Unless that someone did not had a luxmeter I do not know who could see the difference from the U2 to the U3.

Apparently the U3 was just a limited edition 150pcs, if they did not got them from Cutter then they were free samples.

Pretty crazy that it took less than a year from XM-L U3 to XM-L2 U3

Remember this? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/11104

Lets just hope the XM-L2 U3 is available soon, from a decent vendor..

That thread looks about the same as this one! :wink: