You do realize that sooner or later............................

He still loves lights. Any light. El cheapo 7 led barely-get-light-to-the-floor-at-your-feet lights. Totally blown away at some of my more impressive lights. Thinks the 2D Mag LED I got him 2 years ago is over the top. Just put together a Solarforce L2m with the shorty tube, running an 18350 cell. I made a pill for it out of a 1” 6061 bar (host top end is filled with solid aluminum for heat sinking), Noctigon with XP-G2 R5 2B on top. Rigged it up with a McGizmo 17mm reflector. Dad giggled like a kid, amazed at the output from such a small light. “I declare! Why…it’s brighter than my big light!” Corny old man stuff, but it says it all.

We had a plumbing leak under the slab recently. They had to jack-hammer large holes through the floor on either side of our kitchen wall and replace plumbing. I used the Med mode on my S2200 to keep the hole lit up like daylight so they could work. For several hours, not a problem at all. They were very impressed and wanted to load it into their toolbox at the end of the day! Boss showed up second day, they were “Hey boss, we need one of these!”

He also was impressed, immediately saw that when inspecting attic plumbing in apartment buildings and such the entire area would be lit by a single handheld light. Beats the he out of an incan, for sure!!

I like having the right choice to go to for the right job. From a flood of light to a beam that reaches half a mile. Or simply a small flood of light for up close and personal small jobs. One of my latest acquisitions is a Tank007 06 penlight. Uses a SSC emitter and makes some 170 lumens on 2 AAA cells. It can break down and run as a small unit on one cell at around 120 lumens. Very nice. Metal clicky button the back end. Seems reliable, well made. $15. Very comparable to the 4Sevens Preon pen light I bought my wife, that cost 3 times that.

Is 28 lights too much? Yes. They wont’ all fit in my shorts pocket…

Canon 5DMkII with EF 17-40mm f/4 lens, I don’t care how many lights you have 21MP full frame sensor (digital sensor is the size of 35mm film) will show the detail on every single one! :slight_smile: Expensive, and damn darn well worth it!