You Looking at Flashlights Again !

I haven't said my 'welcome here' yet, so welcome here Mr Frugal! You hit it on the nose with that one. I have no idea what it is about these lights, but its so hard to stop browsing, researching, and worst of all, purchasing. Very much an addiction that I'll admit too. So bad that I am looking at my first higher priced light, the Fenix Tk35 right now :P

Thanks, and I was really looking at the Fenix lights before I found this forum. They do seem like a nice price point for quality of light you get.

Welcome to the site Mr. Frugal! Thanks for joining, you'll fit right in here! :)

Welcome to BLF!

"You looking at flashlights again"

I get that all the time. lol

I have a Tamiya Evo V, track car setup for drifting. I have the cheap hobbyking BL setup 100A ESC 8.5T equivalent motor, and a 2s2p 5200mA Lipo. The motor/esc was $100, and the batteries were $22 each.

I expected 20-40 mins runtime from each battery, but with a drift setup, im getting 1.5-2.5 hours comfortably on each battery, and ive still got enough power to burnout my track soft rubber slicks, Infact, too much power to use full power, ill still spinout if i wham full power without being careful with it.

And no exhaust oil, while being quiet enough for me to drift on the streets past midnight.

Blasphemy ..!!! Arugh He said "It's just a flashlight "...oh no he's been talkin to our wives ..

Welcome Mr Frugal . Great name ...I like that ..a guy who gets straight to the point .."i want it ,and i want it cheap "..!!!!

Its funny around our house because its a big joke that I'm cheap and I always come back with I'm frugal, there is a difference! My daughter still laughs and says "aka cheap".

Tamiya makes very good stuff. Thats not bad $ to get into brushless. Its dropped alot, especially the batteries. One friend of mine was into helicopters and had more money in two battery packs than I did in one of my trucks. Even though I like the noise of nitro there are times I wish it was quiet. Fire up a nitro truck and a crowd gathers, usually a bunch of kids wantin to hold it wide open into a tree or something. Nitro even when you know what you are doing is still a pain sometimes. It would be nice to just pop in a battery and know its gonna run with no carb adjustments. I am seriously thinking of selling my Monster Gt truck and gettin into the brushless stuff. I bought the GT used and fixed it up and its a solid truck but I bought my other truck brand new (left over first gen model on sale) and it could be switched to brushless from nitro easier. Plus its a truggy which handles so much better than the monster trucks and is actually more durable and simpler to work on.