Your #1 pick for best all around budget knife?

Wish we could get it here in Australia- against the law- no “flicky” bits allowed. |(

Elk Ridge is some of the best knives I have found for the money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&\_nkw=elk+ridge+knife&\_sacat=0

Ok…getting one to try.

I like the Bee L05-1 best as an all around knife I think.

I love my Bee L05-1 as well but also love my meadowlark 2.

Bee L02 gets my vote. But since I also own all of the other so far mentioned knives (besides the Elk Ridges) ... they are all good knives and definitely deserve a recommendation. The L02 is smaller than the 939,909,L05,EL01 but larger than the M-Series of Enlan/Bee and the 700 series of SRM/LAND. The deep carry pocket clip on the L02 and the overall build quality together with a size that's still EDC-able while providing a full 4 finger grip... makes it an outstanding value at $8 ($10.50 shipping incl. after coupon). I mentioned it before that recommendations should be limited to one size category. There is no point in comparing a SRM 681 vs. an Enlan EL01. Make up your mind which size you want and then look for the best suitable knife for your needs/preferences... if you want a collection... buy them all. ;-)

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/5h2KpdA0JJ0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

Here a review

I love and use a CRKT M16 EDC, gets carried everyday and most used at work……gets sharpened at least once a week. The flipper action is smooth due to its pivot bearings. Been carrying it for a year now and out of all my blades its my most fav to carry.

I like mora knives, simple and sharp.

I will go for this also but only because the Sanrenmu 909 is not being produced anymore and is hard to find.

I believe that one of the best quality budget knifes is this S&W at about 10Euro. All made from SS, the blade secures and has an excellent and safe grip. Has a strong clip as well.

!!

Any good budget sources (normal sources are high teens)?

My pick would be the Spyderco Tenacious.

“The Tenacious has a black G-10 laminate handle, milled with prolonged fatigue-free cutting in mind. Tucked inside are skeletonized steel liners increasing the handle’s rigidity and strength.

The 8Cr13Mov stainless blade is leaf-shaped and ground flat from spine to cutting edge for cutting performance. The blade’s shape coupled with an oversized Spyderco Round Hole and textured spine jimping allow you to open the blade and position your thumb on the spine in slip-proof confidence ready for work. A Walker Linerlock (with jimped liner) and a 4-way pocket clip lets you set your carry and draw preference: Tip-up/tip-down left-hand/right-hand. Screw together construction.”

Spyderco Catalog Listing

I think Exduct and the usual ebay sources generally end up being about $15 with shipping. I can’t remember where I got mine but it was one of those two places.

I agree with one of the posts above that the best all around knife just depends on what size you consider the best all around size.

I like most of my knives but the 4 that happen to do it for me are the SRM 604, SRM 160G, SRM F1-723, and the L05-1 already mentioned.

Bet all around useful knife? ZBT21

http://www.exduct.com/Chinese-Folding-Knives/SRM-Knife-Gifts/ZBT21-SRM-Folding-Knife.html?keyword=edc

Use coupon code BLFgiveaway

Seatbelt slicer, bottle opener, glass breaker, closed blade locking detent, retarded sharp, holds and edge like crazy!

-Jamie M.

All of you are poison! Poison I tell you!

Just ordered my first Chinese knives from Exduct: an Enlan EL-01, SRM 710 and a Ganzo G704.

Can’t go wrong with that! Did you use the discount code?? :slight_smile:

They ship crazy fast too! Love their stuff!

-Jamie M.

I consider the SRM 710 the best of the small knives and the Ganzo 704 to be the best of the large knives, at least as they come out of the box.

The Enlan EL-01 is outstanding too. Its only drawback is that the edge profile is too obtuse. It took me 2 hours with diamond stones to “hog off” enough steel to make it slice better. It is very strong though.

Yeah I used the “BLFgiveaway” code.

I wanted to get a large and a small folder, but at those prices, I thought “why not try out an Axis Lock knife too?”….Thinking hurts my wallet…

I don’t know of any budget sources because I bought my locally in Canada.

I forgot to mention that the meadowlark 2 feels very cheap compared to my other knives from Sanrenmu or Enlan/Bee.

I like it because it is very comfortable and fits my hand well.