Your BLF Avatar

Problem is that too many lights, especially tubelights, all look the same.

At least the Sipiks, SRKs, and EEs, all have distinctive shapes and are easily recogniseable.

Imagine Emisar, Sofirn SC31,Astrolux any kindā€¦But right,the old ones are soo specificā€¦

I canā€™t figure out how to insert an avatar?
Strange, I donā€™t see such a function in my profileā€¦ā€¦
ā€¦

First click on "My account".

Then click on "Edit".

Thank you very much. It worked.))) How come I didnā€™t see it right awayā€¦.)))

1. lithium ion

2. L-I-O-N

3. Probably

I have a new signature.

It's of Raccoon City shortly before the city gets nuked (spoiler alert).

I don't know if the image is from a movie or a video game, but it works for me.

Mine is a gold Streamlight. I didnā€™t put much thought into it otherwise I would have picked some retro Led Lenser or something obscure.

Picture is of my truck, just after getting done installing the last of my new bulbs to complete the switchover to all LED lighting. I chose this image because itā€™s an achievement I was and am still proud of in a way. A bunch of time, research, and adjustment went in to making it possible. Once I was done with that, I really started considering updating my personal lighting (on-person) choices and that is how I ended up here on BLF. It seemed fitting to have the end of one lighting journey join in at the start of the next. I have no real intention of changing the image anytime soon, as it is still poetically apropos.

Iā€™m not a pilot, but I do love aviation.

My profile pic is the absolute beast of an aircraft, the Airbus A380 in its Airbus livery.
A real shame that they are out of production :cry:

Necrobump!

Old avatar, large version:

New avatar, large version:

I donā€™t actually care about Rocket Raccoon that much, but this image looks pretty sweet to me. :raccoon:

1 Thank

Itā€™s from picrew.com. One of the first ones I made, always been one of my favourites. Representation of how I wanted to look, that Iā€™ve since made more of a reality. Itā€™s become part of my identity ab it, Iā€™ve mentally considered changing it a few times, never really wanted to yet but I might at some point, but will probably always use this one sometimes.

1 Thank

My avatar is a photo I took myself (I think around 2014/2015?) during the festival of Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain. It was a ā€œclose-upā€ of one of the amazing ā€˜sculpturesā€™/ā€˜puppetsā€™/monuments which play such an important and significant role in this spectacular festival. Photo was originally in color, but I edited it in black&white.

No specific reason why I have this photo as an avatar, other than that I really like the photo and I am a huge fan of the Fallas festival and of Valencia, so for those reasons the photo is probably a bit more special for me also.

Too many forums are infested with bu||$#Ā”t, although (thankfully) not BLF.

My avatar represents my desire to keep it so.

slmjim

My avatar is the October 2003 X17.2 sun flare, the 3rd most powerful flare observed in history that was soon followed by an even more powerful X28+ flare which was thankfully not pointed at the direction of Earth.

Anyway, I want a flashlight thatā€™s like this on turbo. :wink:

1 Thank

Nice avatar, and nice larger version! :+1:
Hmmā€¦
I wonder why your image is 100% wide, yet when I post images (on Discourse), theyā€™re not 100% wide. :thinking:

Thanks.
Maybe because itā€™s a direct link to a large picture on the web, not an upload.

My images are not 100% wide even when I post a direct link to a large image online. :face_in_clouds:

Hmmā€¦
When I posted your large avatar image, at first it was less than 100% wide, then I added some text below it, and it became 100% wide, then I deleted the text, and it was still 100% wide.
Very strange. :thinking:

Itā€™s fairly evident, given my username.

I wanted a unique-enough name to most likely never have to add any digits at the end or make odd alterations. So far, mostly pretty good and itā€™s been nearly 20 years. Every once in a while, I get asked about spelling but I borrowed from what I heard on my DVD copy at the time.

1 Thank