Your family's gardening plans (with pics)

I received a Yucca recurvifolia recently.

Here's an adult to see what it might look like in the future.

I chose this Yucca because it has wider/larger leaves than most Yucca.

It cannot take full sun in the desert, so it'll be planted in a spot with plenty of shade.

Since you live in dry conditions you’ll probably know this tree that I planted in late summer, its a Desert Willow. Was only 3 ft. when I got it, now its about 5 ft and its bloomed already… I’m in Tx so its getting plenty of warmth. Last year I planted a Texas Star Hardy Hibiscus, its beautiful, went from 2 ft. to 8 ft.

We like Desert Willows, but they're kinda messy.

They drop plenty of leaves and flowers, but it's a good looking tree.

The decoration of our garden is still in progress. I will attach photos when it is finished. My husband and I have wanted the services of google.com for a long time, and last week we finally ordered the design of our yard and garden from them. The garden looks pretty cozy now!

Very absorbent stuff, and rather pleasingly a key ingredient in Dynamite.

Ah, that’s right, kieselguhr

I have a lot of Crotons, Hibiscus, Bananas, Plantains, Coconuts and Pineapples. And a huge Canary Island Date Palm which is overdue for a trim. Its just too dang hot.

Edit, almost forgot all my Florida Citrus. Lemons, Limes (persian of course), Clemantines and Valencia Oranges.

About a week ago, I saw a bunch of this cactus growing at a medical complex that my mom goes to.

https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59907/

It's known as Myrtillocactus geometrizans or Blue Candle.

It grows quickly and gets pretty big.

It's also quite variable, with some being more green than blue, and some having larger spines than others.

I need to check out my local Lowe's and Home Depot and see if they have this cactus.

Okay, I'm not going to get the above plant.

It produces fruit that will most likely attract coyotes.

I decided to order these two plants...

Euphorbia leucodendron a.k.a. Cat's Tail

Aloe ciliaris a.k.a. Climbing Aloe

https://www.etsy.com/listing/705462495/euphorbia-leucodendron-cat-tail

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1120272157/aloe-ciliaris-climbing-aloe

They're both from the same Etsy seller, so I saved on combined shipping.

Both plants are only hardy to about 25° F, and some years it gets down to maybe 22° F here.

If the plants are underneath a tree or a roof (or a sheet when it's really cold) then they'll be fine.

Otherwise they might die down to the ground when it gets too cold.

I ordered a couple of Aloe arborescens plants from eBay for good measure as well.

I would like to see Montana.

The Hunt for Red October?

Yes, that is to go with his two wives and a pick up truck…

A recreational vehicle!

I hope you like rabbits. She has cooked many of them for you.

I brought in those… whatever these plants are… from having ’em outside all summer.

They were huuuuuuuuuuuuuge and took up the entire corner of the living-room, to the point I called that corner The Jungle, but started shrivelling up, and I was pulling off dead leaves left’n’right, snapping off dead or at least moribund stems, ’til there was little left but the pots themselves.

Over the summer, with light and rain, they started reviving, and were getting new growth of bright green leaves.

Wellp, to make sure I wouldn’t be bringing in a ton of bugs as well, I completely drownded them in soapy water for a few hours in a utility sink, one at a time, then drained and rinsed ’em of course, and they’re in the front window. Lots of sun but it’s colder by the (poorly insulated) windows, so I hope that won’t be a problem.

Been a few weeks, they still seem to be doing well, so that’s a good sign.

(Anyone knows how to do a plant-ID, lemme know.)

Post a picture. My wife is a plant nut.