Your Fav Keyboard?

Same here. Cherry mx browns for the click…

never going back

i have one !!! :smiley: can’t beat the feel of a real IBM model M tho

Bought a Unicomp USB unit years ago, great, sold it to a friend. The F model is more of my liking (n-key rollover, hands down best keyboards to share with a colleague or more and play multiplayer games).

My current keyboard is Hacker's Keyboard. ;-)

Cheers ^:)

Ducky One White TKL RGB

My Das Keyboard DK2 is a little over a decade old now.

The Hacker’s Keyboard app is really nice. I have it on my tablet and my phone :slight_smile:

Motospeed Inflictor CK104 NKRO Gaming Mechanical Keyboard (my son plays)

Logitech G510 is my main keyboard.

I received my new keyboard today.

It's exactly what I wanted, but I don't think it's any better than the discontinued $10 keyboard it replaced.

It's supposed to be similar to a mechanical keyboard, but without the high price tag.

I don't think I've ever used a mechanical keyboard, so I don't know what's so great about them.

Best keyboard I ever used wasn’t a discrete kb for a peecee, but the keyboard on an ADM42 terminal. Real Cherry™ switches, forgot if mechanical contact or Hall-effect, but they were full-travel switches, just the perfect amount of springiness to let the caps sink down fast and with determination, but spring right back up before you could hammer on them again.

Zenith Z-100 (sounds like a radio-station) terminals had these B’harni-awful rubbery Chiclet™ switches that either wouldn’t register or would “bounce” for multiple keystrokes per hit. Painfully frustrating to use. They were also the only dumb-terminals I ever used that would crash if you rode the keys too fast.

Ahhh, but those Cherry switches… perfection. Wish I had a wireless keyboard that would use those

I also went mechanical and will never go back. Anyone who is looking for a good mechanical keyboard that does not break the bank should look here…

https://www.amazon.com/KG011-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Illuminated-Industrial/dp/B015MQH59A

At this point, I could forgo mechanical, but it must absolutely be wireless and have at least a trackpad or some convenient pointing device (or be usable with a separate wireless mouse but on the same dongle).

Logitechs are nice, but have proprietary dongles, not bluetoof compatible despite being on the same band.

Well, i had a Logitech with ‘full travel’ keys, although i’m not sure if it has rubber domes or otherwise…
But my fingers tend to trip over keys or get stuck between them, so i’m glad to have a short travel low profile keyboard again, and without numerical section, which (in my case) just occupies space for nothing.
Full travel key boards are noisy too. “chlacke chlacke chlacke” no more.

My mouse is an old model Logitech i managed to find on ebay, when my previous one died.
Just 2 button and a scroll wheel which can tilt sideways for horizontal scrolling.
I think i have this one for 6 years now.

Both devices are USB wired, so i never have any charging fuss.

It’s like flashlights, i suppose.
Preferences vary, it’s personal.

Necrobump!

I got a new keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093MH824D

I have it set up so that the light is the same shade of green everywhere.

I also don't use the wrist rest because it takes up valuable table space.

It's not mechanical, and it's pretty quiet.

I chose this because it's full-sized, and because of the backlit keys.

This keyboard sometimes goes on sale for $45, and that's what I paid.

I know that's not very cheap for a membrane keyboard, but I like this keyboard.

This keyboard isn't perfect, but it's the best that I could find under $75

The next time it goes on sale for $45, I'm going to get another one for my other computer.

I got a Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO that came bundled with their Kain mouse.
I do not like the keyboard, but i think it is the mechanical switches i do not like, the mouse well its wheel are already on the way out, but otherwise the mouse have been OK ( not gaming anymore as no one make interesting games )

I looked at a bunch of mechanical keyboards, but I couldn't find any that appealed to me and were very quiet (like most membrane keyboards are.)

I use Corsair with real Cherry keys.

Mechanical keyboards use to only use Cherry keys. Now any keyboard with a click is sold as mechanical. False advertising in my opinion.

If you get a good keyboard, you can remove the keys and clean underneath.

A good mechanical keyboard can last for decades.

Das is legendary.

I recently bought the Corsair K60 RGB Pro, and I’m never going back to membrane keyboards again. It does take more focus to avoid accidental key presses, but it doesn’t take long to get used to it and speed up typing. Now I want to try out different mechanical switches to see how they compare. My next purchase is probably going to be a wireless TKL, but for gaming rather than typing.

Eight years ago my Logitech Marble Mouse started failing me, and I replaced it with the Kensington Orbit. I prefer the larger ball of the Marble Mouse, but wouldn’t want to go without the scroll ring of the Orbit. A few months ago the buttons of my Orbit started behaving erratically, and I haven’t ordered a new one yet. I’ve got a Logitech G203 Lightsync and Razer DeathAdder Essential that I’ve been using instead, but neither are as practical as a trackball. I do like the size of the DeathAdder though, as it fits my large hands nicely.